• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
I know everyone here is on RE's, well you know what I'm talking about.

This is the second time its taken me a month to get a simple order.

I ordered 4 ubolts, and new centering pins, that is it. Order was placed on day before Thanksgiving.

No email tracking, nothing.

I always have to call and bitch at them, they they say OH, Yea it hasn't shipped yet, its going out today.

How hard is putting some ubolts and center pins in a box and shipping them. Me being cross country is not an excuse, I've ordered from Cali and got it in 5 days before. And for those that are gonna say Oh I live in Cali I just walk down there and get my parts, kiss my arse. Before you order from RE, make sure you are doing the work in 2 months. Flame on NAXJA.

reason eleventy billion and 6 that nothing on my Jeep says RE on it....

sorry to hear about that dude...

Did you try our sponsors:
http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
-or-
http://www.bigoffroad.com/

or even the guys who post in the vendors section of theNAXJA classified forum:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85441
-and-
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=911045

For what it is worth, I drove the 220 miles round trip to the shop a few years ago and they still screwed up. I just wanted to put in a shameless plug for our sponsors who help support our club, this website and off-roading.
and
I may be in error, so I'll be careful and will galdly delete this next sentence if I get called on it, but of "the five large NAXJA events I have attended I have never seen an RE donated product at the raffle"

Now...FLAME ON!
Tom

PS Randy beat me to it!

IntrepidXJ said:
don't buy directly from RE......order from one of their vendors. they usually have better servce and better prices, too
Happened with a vendor the first time, this is why I went through the site. Pay full price and get your parts quicker is what I thought :D

Also, you can't talk to anyone From RE, they say "contact vendor" I say well here is the address You are shipping it to, NO.I had to go back to vendor back to RE a couple times.

Sorry to hear about that. Becoming huge with many dealers has not served RE well. I dont think theyve dealt well with the increased level of competition the past few years either.
Ive ordered several things from RE over the years. The very first aftermarket suspension items I ever ordered were from RE, 11 years ago when I lifted my YJ (they were about the only game in town for high quality, Jeep specialized aftermarket places back then) they sent me the wrong springs but made corrections and compensated me immediately. Back then, RE dealers were few and far between but you could sit on the phone and talk with the guys at RE as long as you needed. Now with their dealer network, they prefer to not deal directly with the customers. I think service has been sacrificed.
I guess Ive been lucky, I dont recall ever having to wait longer than a week or so for any RE items Ive ordered, either directly or through a dealer.
I just recently purchased a set of RE control arms. I ordered them from a local dealer. I got very good service and prices (cheaper than RE advertises), so I have to agree with the others, find a dealer you can trust and order through them. There are good ones out there, DPG is one of them, or find a local shop and support them if you can.

Really thats odd, I haven't had any problems with RE, and I too am on the other side of the country. I've always gotten tracking codes as well as had the parts delivered on time.

In fact, I called toward the end of the work day one time right before closing, and needed to overnight some bushings, and the guy said it might be too late in the day to get them out, they might have to go out tomorrow morning, but I ended up getting them around afternoon next day, so I could finally get my Jeep back together.

Ryan, where in VA are you located? I can give you the number of a local (to me) RE dealer that treated me well on a pair of RE control arms a few weeks ago if you want to give it another try.
If not, center pins and u-bolts shouldnt be too hard to come by from other sources, and probably cheaper.

I'm in Central Va. #1 city to live in, in the US. 2004

A couple years ago, before they changed the site, I got my orders promptly, 5-7 business days.

I then started to look at the vendors for the huge discounts. Got a bunch of SF joints, and It came about 2 weeks from order. The second attempt at a vendor, the parts never came, (bunch of fab and odd n end parts). I had to get the vendor to get on them.
So, having success with the WebSite, I tried them again. :(

This is no big deal really, I'll just start buying JJ's and other stuff from different people.

RyanM said:
I'm in Central Va. #1 city to live in, in the US. 2004

Took me a little bit of searching to figure out you're in Charlottesville. :)

Your order didn't get set aside, If the office was in Richmod, I'd get parts fast too :D

RyanM said:
I know everyone here is on RE's, well you know what I'm talking about.

Why, I have no idea.
In my honest opinion their parts arn't all that great. I really like their Super flex joints but that's about it.

X-5, on supporting the distributer of RE products.

Many good vendors that support NAXJA, sell RE.

UPDATE

Ok, I decided to call again today, and they tell me that My order was placed during a sever crash. Ok, they are gonna ship it right away.

Just got a call from a 918 number, pick it up its RE. He says this time it got sent out (1day after order) to my Old address that I Used to get parts too. ( 2-3 year old place, don't know who lives there now.) He says call you back, I'm gonna call UPS.

Calls back, UPS is sending it back to RE. He says its due bakc on the 7th, I can send it back to the correct address when it arrives (remember, I put my work address in when I ordered it, the RE tracking shows this). I say WTF? Can't you just send me the stuff NOW, and put the 4 Ubolts, and 2 Center pins back in stock when you get then on the SEVENTH.

Awaiting call back after this one talks to his manager. Hopefully they can work something out for me, I told him if that is the case I would rather cancel order and get it from someone else a lot faster.

Sean Rubicon? I guess his name is called me back. They are gonna 2 day the parts to me :) I guess they have not lost this customer. I think part was my fault because I wasn't really looking for the package until I needed it, and I waited so long to call and when I did, it was during the holidays.
:cheers:

Back