• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re longarms with passenger upper removed

Now, i know earlier on this thread was defending the IRO long arm system, but i went to change the caster yesterday, and look what i found.

casteradjuster.jpg

Looks like the main argument is no longer the bolt breaking, but the caster adjuster bending.

Looks like im gonna start saving for a RK or clayton 3 link.

Now, i know earlier on this thread was defending the IRO long arm system, but i went to change the caster yesterday, and look what i found.

casteradjuster.jpg

Looks like the main argument is no longer the bolt breaking, but the caster adjuster bending.

Did you notify them about that?

They do have the option for an adjustable upper arm if I'm not mistaken. A little more dough though.

Did you notify them about that?

They do have the option for an adjustable upper arm if I'm not mistaken. A little more dough though.

I think its for adjustable lower arms, it still keeps that caster adjuster.

I did notify them, and they told me just to run it:shocked:

Im gonna try and get a new one, and then sell this setup and buy either the clayton 3 link or the RK 3 link.

Yeah... did you tell them the slot for the bolt is actually stretched out? Even just in that pic I can see that it's quite a bit wider where the bolt used to reside.

I would pound it back into shape a bit, adjust caster, and weld a washer over the slot where the bolt ends up... and then start saving for a better kit.

I'd refab the upper arm to just grab the bushing and forget that stupid bracket.

I'd also get rid of the rubber bushing on that side and put in a hard joint.

I've never been a fan of that crap design, so don't take these questions as I am defending them.

Did you torque the bolts to proper spec? Also, did they tell you to not put a thick flat washer on that forward bolt?

casteradjuster.jpg

thats is the dumbest setup but other than that the kit looks ok, my roughcountry longarms have treated me just fine even tho the rest of my kit is RE.

Ok back on topic, I ran radius arms for several years with one upper removed and it was fine. However, I recently switched the UCA axle bushing for a Johnny Joint that takes a 1/2" bolt, and the ball in the UCA longarm-end flex joint for the ball that takes a 1/2" bolt. I expect that to work equally fine.

Back