• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re-Gearing

chedisme

NAXJA Member
Im finally bringing my heep to be Re-geared to 4.56. also getting a fancy front locker put in while they have it open.
I wanted to do the locker my self but there's no point in opening the diff right after they close it.

cant wait to breath some life back into this rig.

going tomorrow!

I sure as hell hope to be testing my rig then too. Should be finishing up breaking in my gears (4.88s) this wkend. Also got a locker out back and truetrac up front. Should be saweeet compared to...er... 3.07s :D

Hell, looking at your sig looks like your rig is essentially the same as mine with more lift :laugh: Hopefully will see ya at NACFest (hope I can make it down)!

yea I cant wait to see some friends and make some new ones.
and wheel that will be fun too.

Simon I just got my sweat shirts thanks for the little something. I almost didnt see it. then when I did I laughed so hard I almost fell down the stairs.

yea I cant wait to see some friends and make some new ones.
and wheel that will be fun too.

Simon I just got my sweat shirts thanks for the little something. I almost didnt see it. then when I did I laughed so hard I almost fell down the stairs.

Hehe. I don't know what you are talking about.

so I haven't been leaking oil for about 2 weeks now. yesterday I pull into the guy who's doing my gears driveway and in 5 min there's a puddle about 5 inches across.

so now Im Burning oil and leaking it.

at this point im done trying to fix it. im just going to run it till it explodes or seizes and swap a new motor in.

the guy who's doing my gears is really good so I think im going to ask him to build my stroker.

bring some for me too.... :) i use mobil 1 full synthetic 10w30..... lol

wally mart super tech FTW always on hand

What locker did u go with for the front?

its going to take longer then I thought. the guy thought I was just bringing the axels, not the whole jeep.

so he has to clear his 32 chevy off the lift to make room for me. It should still be done in plenty of time for the festivus.

I played with the crawl ratio(CR) calculator and it got me totaly pumped.
right now with the 3.55 gears a CR of 37:1
with the 4.56 my CR will be 47.5:1
and after I do my doubler it will be an INSANE 124.52:1

at 2k rpm in low low first I will be going 1.5 MPH

I never thought Id say this but,
oh I cant wait to go slow!

its going to take longer then I thought. the guy thought I was just bringing the axels, not the whole jeep.

so he has to clear his 32 chevy off the lift to make room for me. It should still be done in plenty of time for the festivus.

I played with the crawl ratio(CR) calculator and it got me totaly pumped.
right now with the 3.55 gears a CR of 37:1
with the 4.56 my CR will be 47.5:1
and after I do my doubler it will be an INSANE 124.52:1

at 2k rpm in low low first I will be going 1.5 MPH

I never thought Id say this but,
oh I cant wait to go slow!

I think your spotters will also be thilled for you to be goin slow to. Hehe!

screw doublers, you should do an np231-np231-np231-d300 quadrupler, just bolt the output flange of the d300 to the input of your rearend

screw doublers, you should do an np231-np231-np231-d300 quadrupler, just bolt the output flange of the d300 to the input of your rearend

Thats a good idea, by the time you got to the first rock, we could have eaten lunch, taken a shower, sh*t, and a shave.

nah

gotta do one of these

doubler14.jpg

two sm 465's ftw

best thing is you can shift it on the fly since its synchronized

nah

gotta do one of these

two sm 465's ftw

best thing is you can shift it on the fly since its synchronized

too bad you need 2 people and 6 arms to drive it.

Back