• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5" Lift 5" Too High In Rear!!!!HELP!

husky250rider said:
if u have all that y not just keep it ^ in the air

I gotta agree - I thought you were upset because now you'd need all that stuff. Since you've already got it, just put 33's on it and go.

Don't forget, if you're gonna wheel it, you'll add a gas tank skid (30 #'s), probably a new rear bumper or at least a rear hitch for tow points (30 - 60#'s) larger spare (20#'s over OEM 225 or even more if it was a donut spare), plus tools, high lift jack, come along, etc (30+ #'s) That is 100+ #'s of weight of extra weight those springs will be supporting.

IIRC most good kits (and I think RE makes a decent kit) are rated for height assuming 200#s in the rear. That means it'll be at 3.5" with 200#'s of junk in the back. You'll be closer to 5" because of the axle.

ok, I do have a new rear bumper from terrys fabrication and I will have a full size spare on the back with a jerry can. and I have a gps which gives me my speed but I will have to get the spedometer acurate at some point.

Bottom line is I'll just have to look at it and see. like I said I have not been up there since they started working on it. I'll have to see how things go today.

I dont want it to look all goofy, and I've already bought my tires and wheals.

Last edited:
those pics dont look too bad, i had a breif panic attack when i did my lift 1 year ago. this kit was swapped from 1 rig to another and the springs were only uninstalled for a few days. like 3 maybe.
this is a RE 3.5" leaf pack with a stock shackle and an RE 4.5" coil, at that point they were 1 year old and had been beaten hard.
this is right after install and sitting on 30s.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

IIRC that was measured at 6+"..
settled to 5.5 after about a month, new it took longer.

I really dont think so, I already have the BDS springs on there right now, but I will hold onto the RE's for a while. I'll check into it. I think they sent the right springs, its just that they were too much "spring" for us. Plus I have an 8.8" axle so that bumps it up another inch or two.

holy cow with doing so much stuff what did you do, win the lottery? NO in all seriousness I would definately keep ahold of those RE springs. You'll like having those extra inches after you get all that weight loaded on the rear end. I'm getting ready to order 6.5" springs to get about 5.5" of lift.

Jeeper said:
I really dont think so, I already have the BDS springs on there right now, but I will hold onto the RE's for a while. I'll check into it. I think they sent the right springs, its just that they were too much "spring" for us. Plus I have an 8.8" axle so that bumps it up another inch or two.
just send them to me I could use them :)

I think I'll hold on to the springs just a little bit longer. I will deffenely let you know if I'm ready to get rid of them. I should get the jeep back some time either this weekend or early next week. they just need to put on the drive shaft, cross member, and shocks. The shock are still shipping though, so thats whats slowing things down a bit. I will defenetely post some pictures

Back