• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC industry to please the Jeep gods...

i wish those scale crawelers werent so damn expensive, id be all over that

i wish those scale crawelers werent so damn expensive, id be all over that

It's all relative. I just bought a "cheap" RTR (ready to run) somewhat scale crawler for $400, (the Axial AX10 TR), and considering what it comes with, I see it as a great deal. I actually bought this one specifically to mount the XJ body that the OP mentioned - hope it comes out soon. My mildly built 2.2 crawler has well over $500 just in the roller. Heck, the wheels (minus tires) alone run around $200 new. That said, I have more fun with the RTR - it's more realistic, smaller obstacles pose more of a challenge (you don't have to drive to the rocks to have fun), and there's less stress on the drivetrain due to the smaller tires.

The "TR" (Trail Ready) -

Misc070.jpg

The 2.2 Scorpion:

Misc144.jpg

Awesome!

If I had a million bucks I might get one, right now I'd rather buy a 1:1 scale XJ for $400 :shocked:

Ugh that means I'll have to either sell my e-maxx to build another scaler or ditch my 2-door JK build. Hmm options make me sad...

Proline took a poll for the next 1/10th RC crawler/scaler body, and the XJ won it hands down... I know what one of my next RC crawlers is gonna be...

Looks like I am stretching the Cliffclimber! :D

No idea when... proline is keeping quiet...

Flexd, I have the cliff Climber right now... bougt it only to experiment with MOA, been mildly impressed. Right now it's running stock motors, Mamba Micro Pro, Traxxas TQ3, locked out rear steer, bent links, full droop....

And it's (the scaleoffroad body) too small to be a direct fit on any commercially available chassis - you're looking at fabbing/piecing together a roller that'll likely set you back more than the cost of that body. The guy did a great job with the plastic shell, but frankly, it's to delicate and too expensive to use for anything other than a display on my mantle. That is, unless you have the means to trash one of those bodies every couple of months.
For everyday use, lexan/polycarbonate is where it's at. Durable and I'm sure it'll be detailed enough to satisfy most of us.

Back