• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC 1.5 inch lift question

99chero

NAXJA Forum User
I got a rough country 1.5 inch lift for my 99 cherokee and the directions they gave me are to put in rear lift blocks when I got the shackles. How do i install these shackles??

you'll want to jack up the rear of the jeep and support it from the frame, so the rear axle droops. you'll probably also want to keep the jack under the axle so you can jack up on it to move the springs if needed. you may want to start spraying the bolts with penetrating oil from every angle possible at least a few hours before you start this. loosen the bolts for the shackles, there are 2 for each, one at the frame and one at the spring. do not take out the front bolts for the spring eyes--just the two in the rear. remove the shackles and install the new ones just like the old ones were. the shackles are in a C shape, you want to make sure you get the new ones in the same position as the old ones, if they go in backwards you'll be in trouble. thats about it. greasing the bolt shanks is probably a good idea when you put everything back together. you'll definately need a good long breaker bar and an impact wrench if you have it. good luck!

Back