• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rare XJ Spoiler! $40

alcobejo

NAXJA Forum User
DSC00838.jpg
IMG_8210.jpg
IMG_8212.jpg
IMG_8213.jpg

That type of "spoiler" was common on very early XJ's and was used to try and keep rain and snow off of the rear hatch glass before they had rear window wipers.

That type of "spoiler" was common on very early XJ's and was used to try and keep rain and snow off of the rear hatch glass before they had rear window wipers.

This guy is a know it all... ;) :)

Learn something new everyday!

This guy is a know it all... ;) :)

Learn something new everyday!

The reason I know it is because my rig is an 85 and camed stripped down but had the spoiler about 15 years ago. I actually like the spoilers because it keeps the rain and snow off the rear window quiet nicely. It even cuts down on the dust buildup on really dusty trails.

The reason I know it is because my rig is an 85 and camed stripped down but had the spoiler about 15 years ago. I actually like the spoilers because it keeps the rain and snow off the rear window quiet nicely. It even cuts down on the dust buildup on really dusty trails.

Yep I have one on my 90 XJ.. came with it although not sure if someone added it or came stock. A few XJ guys said they would tear it off, however it was also my understanding it keeps rain, snow and dust off rear window and out of the other XJ i have owned my rear window does stay pretty clean. I have rear window wiper on my rig too and never use it.

Back