• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rare Stealth Cherokee for sale!

Same on my side of VA, plenty of RHD XJ's both converted and original. The rural route drivers buy them up and never let them go.

As far as "Cherokees per Capita" I think Roanoke would win, XJ's everywhere!
my lady friend goes to school in roanoke, i can agree that there are a ton there. still think there are more in Mi. but i cant agree that there are the most there. seems like 1 out of every 2 vehicles ya pass is a cherokee. i would say at the light but ther are only 2 lights in lake city, ha!

even seen a few police issued XJs rollin around.

I agree with Roanoke my father and I can account for twenty to thirty cherokees in the 'Noke and the Moonshine Capital...

Franklin Co and Lima Ohio! What a combo! LOL!!

I'm from Franklin Co, grew up in Boones Mill and we still have land in Ferrum.

Yep, moonshine capital of the world!

my lady friend goes to school in roanoke, i can agree that there are a ton there. still think there are more in Mi. but i cant agree that there are the most there. seems like 1 out of every 2 vehicles ya pass is a cherokee. i would say at the light but ther are only 2 lights in lake city, ha!

even seen a few police issued XJs rollin around.

Nice screen name!!! It's so VERY true. It's funny to watch people "surfing' on 1.5 foot waves down here at the Oceanfront, the home of the ECSC. :)

There was just a RHD Jeep for sale here on craigslist.

Nice screen name!!! It's so VERY true. It's funny to watch people "surfing' on 1.5 foot waves down here at the Oceanfront, the home of the ECSC. :)

There was just a RHD Jeep for sale here on craigslist.
glad i missed it, i wouldnt want to put myself even farther into debt. lol.

ECSC was alright this year, though the day before was MUCH better. it was all left over swell, super mushy. but its cool to see how some people can really make the slop work for them. it gets good, though it doesnt matter... if its good here, its always better down in the OBX.

I was just thinking, say you were one of the couple hundred brits who owned one of these, and your bumper gets destroyed. Where do you go? Where do they get parts?

The dealership probably... I cant imagine these go to the JY very often.

if thats the case, then in theory, we could order the parts ourselves through the dealer and have them shipped here.

The dealership probably... I cant imagine these go to the JY very often.

In the UK, it's necessary to have your vehicle inspected annually in order to register it; this is the MoT Test you may have heard reference to on Top Gear, etc. If the repairs to bring it up to passing spec aren't economically-viable, it's either sold for parts or heads off to the junkyard.

The real killer is rust. It's easy to end up with a vehicle where rust is determined to be structural or affecting other parts that cause a fail (brake lines, fuel lines, etc.), but is otherwise mechanically- or visually-sound.

if thats the case, then in theory, we could order the parts ourselves through the dealer and have them shipped here.

Good luck. I tried doing this a few years back as groundwork for a 2.8CRD conversion on my XJ; I wanted to see if I could have a diesel XJ fuel tank and filler neck shipped over. They wouldn't do it as those were not US-market parts. I realise we're talking about bodykits and bumpers here, but as those would be classed as extraterritorial they may not do it. Best bet would be a junkyard pull and shipping by a private party.

Last edited:
Best bet would be a junkyard pull and shipping by a private party.

I still don't see too many of these being at a JY, maybe dealership parts + third party shipping.

Thats about the only way I see this working. Even then, you are probably breaking some sort of law, or else why wouldnt they sell you the parts?

buy it and part it out. :roll: i want a RHD cherokee. i will pick up an 97+ mail carrier if i can ever find one for sale. there seems to be a lot of them around michigan.

a lot of cherokees period....

This is true. Very high XJ population up here and I have seen a number of RHD's, DNR, and Police service XJ's come across the board in the past.

If you want to throw out a Wanted thread, GreatLakes4x4.com would be the place to do it (Michigan-based). Very high-traffic Marketplace there, along with a Parts Transfer & Delivery Forum to try and get things moved around.

I still don't see too many of these being at a JY, maybe dealership parts + third party shipping.

That could also work.

Thats about the only way I see this working. Even then, you are probably breaking some sort of law, or else why wouldnt they sell you the parts?

Well... Here's the thing.

There's no law that says they can't sell, say, UK-market parts into the US. However, the manufacturers prohibit their dealers from doing it for CYA reasons - one, they don't want the headache of having to support foreign-market items in territories where they were never sold originally; two, they don't want dealers in one country selling into another in order to preserve the local market; three, they don't want the potential legal liability of parts or vehicles not approved for use in a highly-legally-regulated territory being used there.

Believe me, I get that we're only talking about a bumper and a bodykit here - but from a manufacturer's standpoint, they have to take an all-or-nothing approach as to selling overseas as otherwise it just becomes a confusing patchwork of what is and is not OK to ship out.

As an example of this, when I still lived in Ireland I had a Fiat Panda 4x4 that I had bought in England and brought over. I needed some small service item for it; I forget what it was, but I headed over to our local Fiat dealer to get it. He promptly informed me that as I had a 4x4 model and that was a model that was never officially sold in the Republic of Ireland, I'd have to get parts out of the UK. No dealer in either the mainland UK or Northern Ireland would ship the part to me, since that would be intruding on Fiat Ireland's market - even though that vehicle was never sold in Ireland, which meant that Fiat Ireland couldn't order the part as it wasn't an Irish-market car. Eventually I ended up driving to Northern Ireland and picking the part up there, but the whole thing was completely ridiculous.

Last edited:
So what you are saying is that the local dealer couldn't sell you the parts AND you couldn't order parts because that would be infringing on the territory of the dealership that couldn't sell you parts in the first place?

So what you are saying is that the local dealer couldn't sell you the parts AND you couldn't order parts because that would be infringing on the territory of the dealership that couldn't sell you parts in the first place?

Pretty much, yep. Welcome to how things worked in Europe a few years back. It may be different now, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

Back