• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Random registration question

collkid

NAXJA Forum User
Help would be appreciated.

Before jumping in, I live in Douglas County.

So, between moving, taking on a new role in my job, and my wife being promoted, we going out of the country, blah blah blah..... we didn't re-register 2 of our cars in time.

My civic is about 2 months past due, an our 4runner is a month past.

Usually I just go online, register, and they send me a new sticker. However, the DMV online says I must do it in the office.

What are the looking for in order for me to do this?

Do I just show up with my license plates and pay for the registration?
Should I get emissions (both area year old)?
Do I need to have the title?
Do I need the copy of insurance?

I have looked online and called and have yet to come up with an answer!

I'm not use to having to register vehicles. This is only the 2nd time I've had to register a car.
I've been through 25 cars in the last few years. Think those days are over.

Thanks for your help!

J

Last edited:
Pictures just for fun.

d767b95b4de76ee32ce251b3458c3c0e.jpg

77f0eddf2ccd1d6231bc6b5ad839e5ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The registration card you got in the mail should say whether or not you need to do an emissions test.

If you need to do that, go get it done.

Go to the DMV office (with emissions paperwork if you need it) and pay. There will be a late charge on the Civic. You do have a month's grace period so the 4Runner may not need a late fee.

Beginning June 1, 2009, a late fee of $25 will be assessed each month (not to exceed $100) for expired license plates after the one month grace period has expired.

Vehicles seven (7) years and newer do not require inspection. Vehicles eight (8) years and older, back to model year 1982, require an inspection every two years. Vehicles model year 1981 and older are inspected every year. An inspection is required when a vehicle that is seven (7) years or older changes ownership.

You will need driver's license, insurance card, registration and emissions test printout if you need it.

The registration card you got in the mail should say whether or not you need to do an emissions test.

If you need to do that, go get it done.

Go to the DMV office (with emissions paperwork if you need it) and pay. There will be a late charge on the Civic. You do have a month's grace period so the 4Runner may not need a late fee.

You will need driver's license, insurance card, registration and emissions test printout if you need it.

Part of the problem is I DO NOT have a registration card sent to me in the mail.

So, Kittrell, when you say registration, I assume that is what you mean?

Fricken post office has been so crazy during this move. :flame:

Ahh the Douglas county DMV. Head ups the stupid office on wildcat is only open till 3 with the exception of Wednesday they stay open until till 5. Place is always packed even at 8 in the morning. All you need is what Kittrell said. You shouldn't need emissions it's every 3 years they need to be redone.

What is the model year of the vehicles you want to register, and when did each last pass an emission test?

Since they're registered in Colorado already you don't need extra paperwork, just extra money, and emissions as necessary as Grimm stated. I think all your cars are over 10 years old so the property tax is already at the state minimum of $3.

Back