• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Random question

Waddya want? It's Friday and I've got 35 mins. left @ work. Waiting on data from geologists. At a standstill until then. I'd leave, but the boss might not like me just dipping out early.

Was it not a random answer?

xjboy said:
Depends on the springs I would assume.
Mine has 32's
my grandfathers has 31's
OK, back OT. Are those CJs on stock springs? Guessing you meant the condition (sag) of the stock springs?

Waddya want? It's Friday and I've got 35 mins. left @ work. Waiting on data from geologists. At a standstill until then. I'd leave, but the boss might not like me just dipping out early.

Was it not a random answer?

OK, back OT. Are those CJs on stock springs? Guessing you meant the condition (sag) of the stock springs?
You are lucky I have till 5, but my boss leaves at 3:30 so...
Yeah I meant the condidtion such as sag. They are both stock springs.

i have a 75 cj5 with old ass springs with 31 in swampers..id bet u could get 33s if u cut the fenders and had good springs

Why cut the fenders. Just throw some shackles on.

i have a 75 cj5 with old ass springs with 31 in swampers..id bet u could get 33s if u cut the fenders and had good springs

would that still be considered stock?

perfect example of NAXJA attitude...

"what can you do with a stock CJ?"

"um.... lift it with shackles and cut the fenders...."

A friend of ours just got one, and is interested in starting to wheel it. Figured I Would try to help them out with figuring out what to with it.

A friend of ours just got one, and is interested in starting to wheel it. Figured I Would try to help them out with figuring out what to with it.

They are pretty capable as most already know. Ours do just fine on some hardcore stuff with a little help from the winch. I would say start there and see how he likes it cause we all know once you get the modification bug it never goes away.

31's are the standard. Much bigger and you start to get into the fenders on flex. I wheel with quite a few around here with cj's if it were mine I'd throw some 31's on and have fun.

I had an '83 CJ7 back in '84. Largest tires you could put on it new, without rubbing, was 32's. I'm sure the springs didn't get better with age. :) You could swap in new springs for a lot less money than the tires are going to cost. Maybe even get 2" lift springs, and go to 33's.

Just a thought.

Back