• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Random Misfire. I think I've tried everything.

had similar issue on my dads 96, its turned out to be the o2 sensors, changes it and fine

That's my next step, I have two new Bosch O2 sensors (Rockauto). I tested the O2 heater fuses and my grounds yesterday. I'm going to test the O2 heater circuit when I replace the O2 sensors.

I did find a significant battery drain yesterday. Something splashed on the side of my battery. I was getting 12.8 volts all the way down the side of my battery into the battery tray. Best guess is, it was either coolant or maybe a little battery acid had vented or a mixture of both. Which might explain my sluggish IAC issues. The IAC seems to be very voltage/amperage sensitive for some reason. I've seen voltage/amperage problems affect the IAC on both Renix and OBD XJ's, numerous times.

The battery issue is that below a certain voltage you can lose the battery backed memory . The ecu store IAC position in this memory. If, while cranking, the.voltage drops enough, the ecu "forgets" where the IAC is and you wi.d up with idle issues. This will sometimes throw a code, sometimes not.

If you can borrow one from a buddy to try, I would swap out the MAP sensor as well.

Back