• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ran fine, then sudden no start condition. Please help!

Ok from what I've read they're referring to a vehicle that has been run hot then shut off for a short period of time like 10-20 minutes....with mine, with it sitting there idling, that's when I'm taking the temp readings. Also I've found that with very slight throttle when cruising in 4th or 5th gear, is when it acts up the most, plus sitting at idle....I wonder if my TPS is gone again....does the TPS affect idle?

Well I mean it's not idling high or anything like that, it's just at idle and at partial throttle during cruising speeds in 4th and 5th gear it acts like it's missing. So I'm wondering if it maybe has a bad spot on it.....I'm also wondering if it could be these NAPA wires I put on it....should I try something else?

MINE DID THE SAME THING. I HAD TO REPLACED TO O2 SENCERS AND SPARKPLUGS. THAT SEEMED TO FIX IT. LATE MODELS DEPEND ALOT ON THEM TO RUN (OR START) PROPERLY.

Cyl #3

The other 5 injector's temp readings are between 180-210 degrees....cyl #3 is 370-420 degrees.

Having read your post and responses... and since you have replaced the #3 fuel injector and the problem still continues...
When you replaced the fuel injector did you look thru the port supplying gas to the fuel injector?
Lack of fuel flow going to the fuel injector will cause the injector to run hot since fuel flow cools the injector and this would also cause a miss on that cylinder....

During the recent 25th Anniversary NAXJA Moab event.... 4X SANTA had a problem with a cylinder miss and loss of power.... Mike R. trouble shot the problem and removed the fuel injectors and fuel rail to find A LOT of crud build up in the fuel rail and some of the injectors were being starved for fuel....

You could swap the plug and wires, but I would sure check out fuel rail blockage concept. I can see one fuel injector running hotter than the others, but that sure seems extreme. Is the spark plug on that cylinder the same color as the others?

Last edited:
Yeah I double checked the fuel rail at the time of installing the new injector along with the port on the manifold......

anyways today I think I got it figured out. It ran fine all the way home and idled fine and the CEL light never came back on. I scanned it and it had a code for cyl 6 misfire, so I swapped out the wire with one of my old ones and that seems to have fixed my problem

ya my 86 did the same thing to me. i went snowboarding and went to leave and it started but wouldn't stay running. i barely made it home and my dad told me i had a vacuum leak somewhere. i had just did a tune up on it too but never checked the vacuum lines. i know my crab is bad too but im just saling the 86 after i fix my 92 so if anyone is interested hit me up

ya my 86 did the same thing to me. i went snowboarding and went to leave and it started but wouldn't stay running. i barely made it home and my dad told me i had a vacuum leak somewhere. i had just did a tune up on it too but never checked the vacuum lines. i know my crab is bad too but im just saling the 86 after i fix my 92 so if anyone is interested hit me up

That's not the same thing at all....don't rob my post to try and sell your heep.

Back