• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ran a 16.5 1/4 mile tonight. Boo.

JeepSpeed said:
You're an idiot.
why because i made a joke? sure it was a bad one but damn i just a joke

Okay...I lowered my jeep back down to stock height today and put the 235/70/16 libby wheels back on. I'm going back to the track on Thursday to see how much of a difference it makes. Anybody want to put some wagers on it?

Previous run:
16.5 consistantly 1/4 mile @ 79 mph.

My guess is that with the 4" removed from it...it will do 16.2 @ 84. I guess we'll see.

-Keith

phaythe said:
Actually...

XJ's skid pad: ~0.77g (For a 2nd gen anyways)
Si's skid pad: ~0.82g

Sooooo, go nuts in the corners ;) XJs hold FAR better than you'd think! I have fun in the twisties in mine all the time, you'll induce oversteer before you'll roll...just don't do anything TOO crazy ;)

100% agree, even in stock form. Unibody rules.

kmagnuss_2000 said:
Okay...I lowered my jeep back down to stock height today and put the 235/70/16 libby wheels back on. I'm going back to the track on Thursday to see how much of a difference it makes. Anybody want to put some wagers on it?

Previous run:
16.5 consistantly 1/4 mile @ 79 mph.

My guess is that with the 4" removed from it...it will do 16.2 @ 84. I guess we'll see.

-Keith

considering everything else is running okay, but yes you should be in the low 16's in worse case scenario. 4" lift will hurt your times significantly btw.

JeepSpeed said:
You're an idiot.

JS, I'm sure he was kidding around....

Ramsey said:
why because i made a joke? sure it was a bad one but damn i just a joke

haha, sorry. I seriously thought that you thought a probe was faster, most people I know do. But they don't have a jeep. My bad! :gag:

Well lets put it this way, my sis had a 96 probe GT and trust me when I say this it has NO balls whatsoever. She even admitted it herself and when I drove it I found out that she was right. It had no kick or planting acceleration. It was sad.

The same goes for those civics there also gutless, I've had the liberty of driving a mildly modded one when I was working at a body shop in town. Had to get the A/C recharged. When I first planted it I got butterflies in my stomach because I expected it to lunge forward but it didn't. For god sakes I even had trouble passing a semi on the highway on the way there. Appearently it had exhuast and intake, new plugs and wires, a cam and some other junk according to the shop owner because of course the driver had to brag about his car. :rolleyes:

Thats why I'll never respect them..

John(XJ)Jeep said:
Thats why I'll never respect them..

Until they turbo it.....

i have a mixed 3" lift runnin' on 31x10.5 bfg at's on more back spaced wheels hooked up to all poly just in the front and bilstein 5100's. i swear, this thing will pull DAMN CLOSE to 1G on dry pavement(outer rear tire wants to squeal of course) and the truck feels real controllable, too. also theres this black honda w/ a pos wing i pass sometimes going to class, he used to fly by me. he "wanted some" a couple of months back, i gave it to him on a turn no less, and ever since then, he doesn't pass like an ahole around me any more. :D:D:D jeeps are so cool....

Yeah.. that turbo really helps them...

Doesn't matter, the money they have to spend to get that power to even match mine plus what it'll cost to get more power to actually have a chance to beat mine, I can spend half as much money and still double there power output.

On top of that there most likey to be front wheel drive (except for the actual good imports that are either 4WD or RWD) so good luck trying to plant that power with street legal tires, you'll end up holding back half that power to get traction but by then its too late.. you've lost.

xuv-this said:
i have a mixed 3" lift runnin' on 31x10.5 bfg at's on more back spaced wheels hooked up to all poly just in the front and bilstein 5100's. i swear, this thing will pull DAMN CLOSE to 1G on dry pavement(outer rear tire wants to squeal of course)

Huh? I dunno bout dat.

oh yeah, i have an exploder 8.8 with 1.25" wheel spacers, too. i got a set of cheap mud tires on the stock rims for the rear to help out the elocker offroad when it's wet. we know that a stock xj will do a .78 skidpad. and mine will take a turn signifigantly faster than stock. not a lot, but some. .80 is guessing pessimistically. . the rearend setup and bushings helped A LOT. hell, i didn't beleive it myself when i started driving it again. i'm telling you this thing is FUN!some times when it's clear on the backroads, and nobody in sight, it's kinda hard to keep my foot out of the pedal.....

xuv-this said:
we know that a stock xj will do a .78 skidpad. and mine will take a turn signifigantly faster than stock. not a lot, but some. .80 is guessing pessimistically. . QUOTE]

Okay, yeah but you said close to 1G. .80 is not even close to 1G. 1G is exotic sports car territory. .80 is possibly true.

ok. like i said, PESSIMISTICALLY i'm gonna say realistically, .85ish yeah, you're probably laughing at me right now, but it was enough to be one of the main reasons i got a tube frame bolstered drivers seat. no i can't say that is absolutely true, because i have no way to measure it. what i'm tryin' to say is that it is more than any other car i've driven. like a stock late 99 i think mazda 6 my cousin has. it does this particular curve at 55. i can do it 59mph. and yes my speedo is accurate.

XUV-THIS, one day if you just all of a suden decide to go and say "lets lower this thing all the way and put on some performance rubber and see what she can do" those numbers you figured out with the spacers and old mudders are gonna be pretty dinky.

Trust me.

the mud tires are for wet offroad conditions. i pretty much just use them for wheeling. on the road i use the bfg's.
yeah i know it would get damn near corvette territory if i all-out streeted it. i was thinking about getting another xj for that, but i want to build a light weight exoskeleton xj with 38's or so first. i couldn't bear to lower or raise it up a bunch. it's like the ultimate DD. great on road, even better offroad, awd, pretty good at towing, etc. like the automotive version of a swiss army knife...
a 2900 lb lowered and caged bracket xj with a 500 hp or so blown clifford 5.0 stroker and tubbed rear with a flat black rattle can paintjob and "redneck tuner car" on the side would be a fun project. :D :D :D

Back