• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator Woes!!

I think I just need to disconnect #5 at the top of the radiator, and use the quick disconnect tool at the other side of it.
Then I transfer this entire #5 tube onto the new radiator, right?
I will order a spare #5 just in case it's frozen stuck onto the old radiator.

So, I am not sure what is going on with your radiator?
You seem to have a short nozzle on the new radiator.
How does this connect to the long #5 tube??

I was referring to the QC on the lower tube-hose assemblies, #11, not #5. I have never had to replace #5 on any of my Renix jeeps, even during the swaps.

That QC on #11 at the radiator side has a plastic clip that gets brittle with age. One of mine has the QC cut off and two worm gear clamps installed, the other I had hell finding the right plastic QC release part that goes on the tube and grabs the hose female QC from the inside. It is just like the QC fuel fittings but a little larger diameter.

What is "QC" ? Quick connect?

Ok, so I may need to worry about #11 when doing a radiator swap?
It seems #11 has a clip right near the radiator. That one breaks?
Should I order a brand new #11 in case I need to replace it?
I HATE geting stuck in the middle of a job for a week.

What is "QC" ? Quick connect?

Yes.

Ok, so I may need to worry about #11 when doing a radiator swap?
It seems #11 has a clip right near the radiator. That one breaks?
Should I order a brand new #11 in case I need to replace it?
I HATE geting stuck in the middle of a job for a week.

It is the white plastic clip I could never find locally. It mounts on the tube on the radiator side, then clips to the inside of #11.

One of my rigs has the #11 QC cut off and the hose shoved on the tube about 2", with 2 worm gear hose clamps. Been like that for about 8 years now. I think I finally found the right clip for the other rig, but I forget where. It was online, a Dorman Help part made for GM stuff.

Back