• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator Coolant Flush

No problema.

All you really want/need to backflush is the heater core. That said, if you install the "T" in the heater hose that runs from the core/firewall to the water pump, then clamp the heater hose between the "T" and the water pump, turn on the hose, then you will be forcing a backflush through the heater core. Then you can use the "T" to finish the flush on the system in its normal flow--Ok?

No problema.

All you really want/need to backflush is the heater core. That said, if you install the "T" in the heater hose that runs from the core/firewall to the water pump, then clamp the heater hose between the "T" and the water pump, turn on the hose, then you will be forcing a backflush through the heater core. Then you can use the "T" to finish the flush on the system in its normal flow--Ok?

Yes! That makes sense! Thank you tons for your help!

One LAST thing! I'm assuming that when I do this forced back flow, I will have the lower radiator hose removed to allow that added water to escape there?

Yeah, that's fine and less messy than if you pulled the heater hose off the thermostat housing and had it going all over the engine compartment.

Good luck, hope you get it all done!

Back