• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator Choices ?

Straightshot

NAXJA Forum User
I am in need of a new Radiator.
I was hoping some of you would share which Rad. you bought when it needed upgraded.
I have a 94 Sport 5 spd. 35" bfg's, 4.56 gears.
It was getting pretty warm last summer so I'd like to go as large as possible.
Thanks
Jon

Two or three core all metal brass/copper.

Some prefer the three core, I subscribe to the school of thought that a two core radiator will have the right combination of more cooling surfaces without restricting air flow and the larger two core tubes will be less prone to blockages.

That said, there are so many POSITIVE posts on the three cores radiators I may be way out in left field. :D

member/sponsor DPG has a replacement rad.
I bought/installed one a few months ago and have had no problems at all since.
I even forgot to turn the e-fan after a water crossing one trail ride and once the red light came on (too hot) it only took about 2 minutes to cool down to normal. where as before the rad replacement it had taken 10 minutes and I would have to shift to P and let it idle.

bottom line, contact DPG, he's got what your after.

xEleventy-Billion on CSF 3 row.....never had a problem at all....and I live in the desert known as New Mexico....

Back