• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RADesigns Products-Mellow Yellow

I used SHC and small diameter l/w. I did have to turn the axle flange down a bit and just touch the bolt heads after torquing them with a flap wheel. Not really noticeable looking at them. Yeah I'm going full width with Chevy spindles and hubs on the Ford HP44, looks like it will be 66" wms, the rear is 62-3/4" wms.

I got started on the front diff. laid out and welded the lower link arms and coil mounts. Then moved on to build the front truss. Since my upper radius arm mounts will weld to the truss top it seemed like a good idea to weld in some internal gussets.

IMGP1580.jpg
IMGP0218.jpg

All welded up and ready for the top. I painted the living crap out of the inside of the truss before welding the top on.
IMGP0221.jpg

The 6L80e and 241c are now in the shop, the front axle is ready for shafts and rolled under the front to establish link arm lengths and final location for the top link of the radius arm setup. This summer will be busy.

First test fit of the 5.3/6L80e/241C today. Sitting on the Novak mounts. Using a LS intake I don't think I'll need to cut the hood. I need to build the trans. crossmember and rear link mounts, then roll the D44 under it. After that I've got a 1 Ton GM steering box to mount which should be no problem and figure out accessory brackets/mounts. Of course this is all in my spare time....................

Well I test fit the 5.3/6L80e/241C today. Looks like no need for a hood scoop since I'm using a LS intake. Getting the GM 1 ton steering box should be easy also. I'll do the trans. cross member and rear link mounts next, then I can get the suspension set. After that I'll move on the alt. and ps mounts.
IMGP0291.jpg
IMGP0296.jpg

IMGP0293.jpg

Interested to see how the 6L80e works out. That's the route I wanna go, if I go auto.

Moved on to getting the front axle under this and the radius arms and mounts made. Looks like I'll have around 11" of travel. The GM motor rides a little lower in the body that the original motor. Yes its a little wide but I plan on running 17x8.5 wheels with 4.75 backspace. Add some 3" flares and go for it, wish I could find a set of front glass fenders locally, the shipping on them is just killer. I'd prefer new front glass fenders and may just knuckle under and order a set when I get closer to being done. Front wms is ~67, rear is ~62. I wanted to get this baby as a roller at ride height to verify steering box location so I could mount it and the panhard brackets, start looking at shock and bumpstop mounting, etc. It all fits together in some sort of twisted puzzle, sometimes I wonder what piece fits first. And the whole time I'm thinking on how I'm going to do my cage design.
IMGP0379.jpg
IMGP0378.jpg

IMGP0380.jpg

Little more work done on this. Working on getting the front reinforcement plates welded on, they seemed to need a little trimming. Then I moved on the get the drag link and panhard bar mounts done. I modified a Ruff Stuuf outside frame mount for the upper panhard bar mount and have it sit more under the frame. So much welding to do on those plates. Now I need to get the 14 bolt rolled/moved underneath and bolted up just to see where everything is at.
IMGP0421.jpg
IMGP0419.jpg

IMGP0410.jpg
IMGP0396.jpg

This is what it looks like probably close to ride height.
IMGP0420.jpg
IMGP0434.jpg

Well I got the rear axle rolled under today. You just gotta love the width of a 14B C&C, these are 33-12.50 x15's on 4" B.S. wheels. Springs are RE 4.5 HD units. Had to trim a couple inches off the RuffStuff supplied U-bolt that came in their 14B disc swap kit. Also a good side shot of true ride height front is set so the 33's would slide right on barely, looks like the front needs another inch of so.
IMGP0460.jpg
IMGP0438.jpg

IMGP0452.jpg
IMGP0454.jpg

Back