• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

racing seats

yeah thanks i wonder how much different it will be for a 97

I would think they are close, don't know..They sit higher on the elec seat Base than on the manuel base from what i hear..Thats why i had to bend the front pieces like i did..It drop them alot, i don't hit my head now like i did with the stock seats:clap:..I have drove for more than 1 hour to go out an play all day, then drove home..I felt good after all day in them

Your wife said you could buy some, so go an order them now..I'll install them for you..:patriot:
you know after i move i have tons of work to do, then i'll order them. hey scott how do those clean up, i never asked and they looked clean and the rest of your interior had a little dust. a little dust:roflmao:

Those seats suck. Don't buy them.

I only say this because they'll be my next mod and we all can't be the same :D

Seriously though, I read the reviews and they seem like a hell of a good bang for the buck. I did read that they don't fold forward though. Might be an issue with my two door.

True, they don't fold forward..This is why i didn't put a set in the wifes jeep..I'm looking at the flip up seat bracket for her..I have to try something for her..

you know after i move i have tons of work to do, then i'll order them. hey scott how do those clean up, i never asked and they looked clean and the rest of your interior had a little dust. a little dust:roflmao:

If i run with no doors, i use my LEAF blower to blow it off.. With doors i use my vac cleaner(spell check please)...I never get any dust in my car silly..LOL

I've been thinking about them since you had them posted in another thread. I need something to keep me in my seat. The 96 seats are no good. I'm swaying with the jeep just driving on the street. I thought about swaping in some 99 stockers but I'd like a little more aftermarket. The no flip forward is probably the only thing stopping me. I don't use the back seat much so I still might.

VERY nice seats though.

In my old xj I had some big metal frame hunk of a seat in there, 3x racing or something like that.. It was very uncomfortable but I loved the support. The seat really does change everything IMO.

The 2 doors does move more forward than the 4 door does, i may just install one of mine to see if that works..I really don't like to put anybody in back just in case a oh chit happens..That an the stress on the axle.. LOL...When i get some time, i'll do a test fit..We find out soon when the wife gets her surgery, then i'll have time after that to work on my crap..

Ahh, you have a very good point on the moving forward. I didn't even think about that. They do move up a good bit.
I'll have to go out tomorrow and see what it would be like. Thanks.

Let me know please..Wait, i can go now an look..I'll be back

Ok, if i mounted them forward on the brackets it would work, for a kid.

Last edited:
So when you drive around the block do you get any dust? Now thats funny right there boy...LMFAO... Sorry but you started it..Back to the OP now..
hey i'll have you know my garage gets mightey dusty and i leave my windows down to, just cause im a rebel:laugh:

if i had a 2 door id hinge those seats with a locking hinge and use them, they would fold forward more than reg 2 door seats.

Let me know please..Wait, i can go now an look..I'll be back

Ok, if i mounted them forward on the brackets it would work, for a kid.

Well if I can reach my arm back there enough to pick out a small toolbox than I'm good lol.

Thanks again.

If/when I do end up doing this (soon either way) I'll let you know how it went.

if i had a 2 door id hinge those seats with a locking hinge and use them, they would fold forward more than reg 2 door seats.

You can't do this, it would hit the windsheild..Still be in the way to get in..The seat needs to folds flat to enter the back..Thats forward and flat..:cheers:

Back