• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

r134a charge amount?

my2monkeys

NAXJA Member
My 1989 4.0 FSM says 2.0lbs of r12 for charge amount.

Ok, so r134a amount is 2.0 x .90 - (.25lb.) = 1.55 lbs. according to online conversion charts.

But on a Comanche forum I saw a FSB No:24-01-95 that shows 38 oz./2.38lbs

r134a refrigerant charge for 88-90 xj 4.0

What's the real refill amount.

I tried to get an image or even a link to other website but alas I'm a rookie with the computer, sorry.

My '88 FSM says 36oz. That's what I've always used recharging mine.

To post a pic, you need to host the pic on a cloud service (I use IMGUR), then post the link using the bbcode IMG tags.

20 oz is what the sticker on my 2001 says. There should be a sticker on the flat metal trim above the radiator. Should be directly in front of the mechanical fan and AC compressor.

20 oz is what the sticker on my 2001 says. There should be a sticker on the flat metal trim above the radiator. Should be directly in front of the mechanical fan and AC compressor.

20oz seems about right from what i recall using at recharge. I bought the 22oz at autozone and only used 3/4 of it. This time round is a full vacuum and fill though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back