• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

R.I. Trail Cleanup April 4

That was a good day, thanks for organizing this, it seemed to work out pretty well. I was amazed at how much stuff there actually was and the odd places that it was in, the group I was working with pulled 2 dishwashers out from the woods along with several couches and about 40 tires among many other things. It was cool to go out there and meet some new faces, the people I ended up metting up with all had Illinois and Ct plates so it was nice to meet wheelers from other places.

Moto said:
That was a good day, thanks for organizing this, it seemed to work out pretty well. I was amazed at how much stuff there actually was and the odd places that it was in, the group I was working with pulled 2 dishwashers out from the woods along with several couches and about 40 tires among many other things. It was cool to go out there and meet some new faces, the people I ended up metting up with all had Illinois and Ct plates so it was nice to meet wheelers from other places.
ILLINOIS?!?!?

CheapXJ said:
... and a sincere thanks to EVERYBODY that showed up for the cleanup and for all the effort put into it. I am still AMAZED at the massive amount of trash that was out there.

Congratulations on a fine turnout up there.

I was giving some serious thought in heading up, but eventually wussed out. Glad you guys were conscientious enough to do a great job. It's good to see how much dedication we have in all corners of the chapter. Hopefully the good P.R. with the neighbors and government continues to keep the trail open - we all know how how rare this kind of facility is in the northeast.

Hope to eventually get to try the chicken out and run with some of you guys again (and maybe you can head on down to NACFest in June).

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Outstanding Job!

Thanks to all who participated. Good folks pulling together make a difference.

CheapXJ said:
ILLINOIS?!?!?
Yeah I joined up with the Crew that entered from 44 early that day, I caught up with them just about as soon as they had headed up the trail, they all had Illinois plates except one Yankees Fan from Ct in the Fullsize Bronco. They were cool people, you must have at least seen the large black XJ climbing over crazy rock piles. I know Eagle saw him

Yeah, he was boulder hopping over the rocks between the power line and the gas line right next to where I was loading a pile of shingles. But I didn't notice the Illinois tags.

Wow!

The Bronco was Paul Tarantino, president of Eastern 4 Wheelers. His rig was wearing CT tags.

Back