• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

R/C winterfest build

GRIMUS99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So as some may know we have been undecided on what we are going to bring to winterfest. So jeffrey and myself talked the company into giving us 5000.00 to build a XJ up and bring it up there to wheel, so we started making a list and checking it twice trying to find out whos been oh hell sorry caught carried away lol. Anyways after bout an hour or two they took the crushed are dreams :)rattle:) We have had a 97 4 banger tj in the shop with out axles and all torn apart for about 3 years now and decided that it was time to get on it. Good news is Jeffrey and myself still have total control over it but its just not an XJ. So the build begins.

Heres what we are thinking and remember we only have little over two weeks to decide order and build this before it is tested and put on the trailer to head up to attica.

1) Rough Country 4" long arm kit (no we dont offer it yet this will be the first one we have built)

2) Raceline Beadlocks with Dick Cepek Crushers 35x12R15 (never tested the tires off road so why not)

3) Caged not sure if bought or built cause of timeline

4) dana 30 and 35 (I know) both with superior axles (super 35) 4:88 gears. We would like Dana 44 but with time crunch a little hard to do.

5) Lockers front and rear: Front ARB rear Detriot

6) Rhino line the inside. probably not in time for WF

7) Get the damn thing running good as it has been sitting for right at 3 years and has not been started this whole time. And we robbed some parts from it last year to get the green Tj ready for WF08 lol

I will try to post pics and progress as I go

I posted this in Winterfest since it is the main reaon we are building it.

don't forget a couple of tow points, front and back.

wd-40 the skinny pedal

throw in a CB and you're set.

good luck piecing this together.

BOB

glad to hear that you two are getting something going. I know that even with a 4 banger Jeffery (and you) can wheel it well. Keep me posted.

1) Rough Country 4" long arm kit (no we dont offer it yet this will be the first one we have built) Still in progress

2) Raceline Beadlocks with Dick Cepek Crushers 35x12R15 (never tested the tires off road so why not) Done

3) Caged not sure if bought or built cause of timeline Not sure if time will allow

4) dana 30 and 35 (I know) both with superior axles (super 35) 4:88 gears. Done

5) Lockers front and rear: Front ARB rear Detriot Went with Detroit front and rear

6) Rhino line the inside. probably not in time for WF not gonna happen in time

7) Get the damn thing running good as it has been sitting for right at 3 years and has not been started this whole time. And we robbed some parts from it last year to get the green Tj ready for WF08 lol Got it runnung

I will try to post pics and progress as I go

I posted this in Winterfest since it is the main reaon we are building it.

hers some pics from the start
l_197070584bdb4068bbd2896c8452edd5.jpg

l_3247daf943674968a5e43adf5c6c9cdc.jpg

l_2b1008326fce4c4180523eba14901b4f.jpg

will post some more when its able to roll lol

it will but without a top it may be difficult

Back