• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick Wheel & Tire Question

Restruction

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering where a good place to purchase a wheel and tire combo from online, Perhaps one that ships with the tire already mounted.

I want to run 31x10.50R15 tires. The tires I have in mind are the GoodYear Wrangler MTR-K. I've been told for this set up that I want a 15x8 rim with a 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern with a with a 4.0-4.5 backspacing. I've looked around but I can't find a rim that I would like, The ones I do like happen to be a 3.31" backspacing a Mickey Thompson Sidebiter or the Dick Cepek DC-2.

If anyone could recommend a wheel and tire site that does mounting & balancing before it ships that would be great, that is if they have that option. Or if someone could recommend a wheel that would be good for my setup that also would be greatly appreciated.

How much have you looked?

Tire Rack has most brands of tires and wheels.
Discount Tire has an on-line side that does what you want.
JC Whitney sells wheel/ tire combos. IIRC Interco brand (swappers).
Rusty's off-road sells wheel/tire combos.
4WD.com sells Wheel/tire combos.

I'm sure there are many many more out there.

I've googled searched 15x8 rim with a 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern with a with a 4.0-4.5 backspacing and it seems there's very little for selection, perhaps I haven't looked hard enough. Do I need to have a 4.0 or 4.5 backspacing to run the tire size I mentioned? Or is the 3.31 backspacing sufficient, I'm just looking for good looking rims that come in the size I need to run the tire size, which is 31x10.50R15.

I've googled searched 15x8 rim with a 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern with a with a 4.0-4.5 backspacing and it seems there's very little for selection, perhaps I haven't looked hard enough. Do I need to have a 4.0 or 4.5 backspacing to run the tire size I mentioned? Or is the 3.31 backspacing sufficient, I'm just looking for good looking rims that come in the size I need to run the tire size, which is 31x10.50R15.

3.31" will actually be sticking our almost 2 inches further than your stock wheel. They have 5.25" of backspacing. i run 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's with 4" backspacing on a 33x10.5 and the only rubbing I have is on the dosconnected swaybar when i have the tire stuffed. You can run the 31's on stock wheels but you will most likely rub on your control arms.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com

They might still be having a sale on wheels and tires. I know last week if you ordered a set of 4 wheels you would get a $100 visa gift card rebate and depending on which tires you bought, you would get another rebate up to $100.

I bought some Goodyear Duratracs and got the $100 rebate from them, a $30 rebate from them, a $60 rebate from goodyear and a $40 instant rebate before purchase.

I didn't order wheels with them but now wish I would have. They would come mounted and balance with a road force balance machine for $40.

Tires

and

They don't have those exact wheels, but if you call them, they should be able to get them.

Back