• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick tire question

bustednutz

NAXJA Forum User
What is the recommended tire pressure for a 98' XJ sport. 4 door 4X4 with 235/75/15's
Taking a 400 mile trip and will have wife, 2 kids and some luggage in the car.

Want it to be as safe as possible.

Thanks.

It just states the MAX pressure. Not a recommended one. I know that the pressure increases as the tires get hot as well. So a cold pressure would be good too.

Myself, I run 32-35 lbs per tire. That was on the stock, and now in 31's. Also check the door jamb, should have info there.

my tire pressure chart is on a sticker in the glove box but mine is also 87 i believe 30 lbs ill be able to check later

The manufacture recomended tire pressure is posted on the door or the door jam. Though the P235 is not on the chart, it is possible to use the chart as a reference.

Because this is a safety Item, and you state you want to make sure it is right to ensure your families safety, I will refer you to that chart instead of naming a figure. It states a loaded and unloaded figure.

The FSM states simply:
"For proper tire pressure specifications refer to the Tire Inflation Pressure Chart provided with the vehicle"

Personally, and this in no way should be considered a recomendation...
I run 32psi front and rear, unloaded.

Back