• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions Pre-Lift

Worth double-checking, but ABS = D35. You'll want to consider that as you think about what tires you want to run (and thus, what height lift you want to get), since the D35 is considerably weaker than the 8.25.

This thread discusses the various axle strengths and what size tire they will typically hold up to. Of course, there's people that claim to have run 53" Michelins on a D35 since the Jurassic age with no ill effects, and people who claim they broke 5-ton Rockwell axle shafts running go-kart tires. Maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but experiences vary.

My vote is for the American Racing Bajas. Your Jeep is way too pretty to have black wheels on it.

yea i think ill go the baja's or chrome cragar 8's with treadwright's and a rubi 3.5 sr

im pretty pumped to say the least

what's a decent roof mount light bar for cheap?

If you plan on doing any type of light off roading around Cleveland... you may not want a roof mounted light bar. Low tree branches have a tendency to knock out lights.

I think with 32s you will have to do a little trimming at 3.5"s if you have any need to flex.

As a Mall Crawler, it may or may not be a good choice. Depends on the lift and the Tire. RE lifts tend to be a little taller than stated. However, it is better to stick with 31s at 3.5"s of Lift. IMHO

let's say...

for instance, if I were going to do absolutely no wheeling, could i fit 32s with no trimming? or would it rub hard on lock to lock steering. i feel as if it's not worth the extra diameter, bc really i hate to say it, but i don't want to cut up my jeep :(

You decide.

16bd72g.jpg

thats a really helpful chart, thank you...

i think i'll probably just go with 31s, it's my first lift, gotta start somewhere, and i figure a 3.5 with 31s is a good place to begin. let me know if you guys see some decent looking (similar to the baja) rims for sale (5x4.5, 3.75-4" BS, 15x8s) thanks

ProComp and American Racing make good inexpensive wheels in that size.

do you know if a 31" tire on a 15x8 rim can fit where the stock spare goes in my trunk (mounted vertically on the left). my current tire (225/75) is the full size and fits, but a 31x 10.5 is significantly bigger.

do you know if a 31" tire on a 15x8 rim can fit where the stock spare goes in my trunk (mounted vertically on the left). my current tire (225/75) is the full size and fits, but a 31x 10.5 is significantly bigger.

Would not fit in my '01 initially, but I believe that it would fit now that I have removed the metal bracket under the tire and make it work. I wound up getting a roof rack to get the tire out of the back and I did not want a bumper mount blocking off the rear window.

Plus I am in my hatch daily, so I thought the bumper mounted tire carrier would be a pain.

Fit in my 99 with out a problem. I don't know why it would not fit in yours. I don't think I could go bigger though.

let's say...

for instance, if I were going to do absolutely no wheeling, could i fit 32s with no trimming? or would it rub hard on lock to lock steering. i feel as if it's not worth the extra diameter, bc really i hate to say it, but i don't want to cut up my jeep :(

I rubbed on the fenders without trimming. I would not do 32s if you do not want to trim, get the 31s.

Check out Post #28

theres someone out in my parking lot right now, and from what i can see its STOCK on 31/ 10.50's or 11.50's i cant remember, its TIGHT in that fender well but they fit! and i dont reccomend it at all...

and as far as this country's going, it looks like i wont be lifting or modding out my jeep anytime soon, they wanna close a bunch of CA's state parks =/

I've got the 3.5" RE SR kit riding on 31's I can tell you that the 31's rub with the stock wheels/backspacing. Not on the fenders (except occasional while flexing) but on the control arms and front skid plate if you have one.

My buddy has 4.5" kit with 32s and there is not a huge dif between the height of our rigs (about 1"). I would recommend just sticking with 31s

Back