• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for you prerunner type

sallys xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey my name is Matt im from Az with a 95' xj. I have a thread in the Arizona Chapter called KOH stock class. My question is this how many of you have installed in a fuel cell? How did you mount it? How did you run the fuel and vent lines? Also which brand?

I ask because per KOH stock class i need a fuel cell with a bladder and foam, found some on summit racing for a few hundred which i think is a good price as they meet the requirement but not sure how to mount or plumb it. I ask you prerunner guys as i know its more common for you to have a fuel cell then us rock crawler type as we just place a skid and call it good.

Also last question. How many of you have installed a master kill switch that kills botht the battery and alternator shutting the entire vehicle down? What brand? where did you get and again how did you install in?

These are the two big issues im having figuring out thanks in advance.

and because like most guys we like pictures here are a few of my xj

attachment.php

Yeah i saw that and looks great but per the safety requirements it can be mounted like that due to possiable rock damage. So id need to mount it in the back arear above the "frame" rails.

You could use the same cell, and just raise the mounting position so it isn't hanging. Or just use a generic fuel cell of the capacity you want and mount it above the floor surface.

Should just be as simple as picking the size you want.

At that point you might be better off running a bottom sump style with inline pump instead of a top pick-up...

USAF mike thanks it was a new trail and first time i ran it and had a blast. USAF im aussimg your in if so what is your AFSC? Im a 3E771 (fire protection)

WheelinJR thanks for the advice i will look at all options, just trying to figure out which to go with once i do ill pull the trigger

Back