• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for you gun collectors

88flexj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a "Stevens Favorite" 22 rifle that was given to me the day I was born. I am 34. It was made by Savage arms, and says model 71. It is a lever, one shot with an octagon barrel. It is in the original case with the papers in mint condition, never fired. I am curious what it is worth. I have no plans on selling it, just something I've been wondering about. I plan on giving it to my son when he is old enough to appreciate it. I was thinking maybe one of you might have a current price guide that could look it up for me. Thanks in advance, Chris.

Go to your local book store if you can't find anything on-line about it. Look for "The Blue Book Of Gun Values". It should be listed in there somewhere. I have one at the house,but it's a couple years old. It won't be accurate for this years values.

91 Jeep Project said:
Oh yeah, don't quote me on that.

You are probably right. I have no idea. I have searched several gun sights. I found a bunch of similar rifles, but not this one. It doesn't really matter what it's worth, just something I have wondered about.

Go to wal-mart and find the shooter's bible in the hunting department. It has about every single gun ever made in it, and will tell you the price range the gun is worth.

I'll try that. Thanks.

Back