• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quadtrac vs Tank

Quadtrac vs Tank - who will win the tug of war

• Quadtrac

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • Tank

Votes: 49 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IMORTL

NAXJA Member #1156
which do you think will win the tug of war?

untitled.jpg

guess before you watch and post up if you got it right...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n2-mOzjGoY&NR=1

Looks like a good way to destroy a really expensive transmission...

Robert

Yep got it right, but It looks more like an APC, not a tank. More weight & more track surface = win

looks like a 113. more weight, maybe, more weight to footprint. The quad's tracks are wide and look like more overall footprint, so I figure the 113 would have more bite.

my question is where did these guys get the time to pull this off? what the hell were they supposed to be doing?...lol

You guys need to learn some armored vehicle identification.

The "Tank" in the first video is a M577 command post. Basically an M113 APC with additional room in the back.

The "Tank" in the tank vs sniper is a Bradley Fighting Vehicle. 25MM chain gun as primary armament with a bunch of dismounted Infantry in the back.

THIS is a Tank.
m1abrams51.jpg

FWIW, I am an Armored Vehicle Crewman, aka "Tanker":cheers:

I hope that quadtrac operator had some armor behind his cab, in case the chain or an attachment point snapped.

Would've have been a mess.

The guy in the personel carrier was probably laughing.

Was anybody else thinking Quadratrac like JEEP Quadratrac?? Lol I thought it was a joke. Now that would be funny. In that case I'd definately vote Quadratrac :D

I got it wrong but the voting looks about even so at least im not alone.

I will say I picked tank first BEFORE i saw the picture and when I did see the picture i began to become a little bit skeptical but than watching the video obviously proved myself to be correct the first time. Just not what i was picturing when i read quadtrac hahaha:huh:

How do you go about borrowing a Bradley for a day in order to bring it back to the farm and try to break dad's brand new tractor?

I'm guessing the tractor.

Edit: Oops.
That had to be on weight alone.

The 113 series APC only had that little Detroit V-6.

Last edited:
Back