• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quadratec is a PITA to deal with..

wheelin99s

NAXJA Forum User
I wont order from these guys again, it was more of a pain in the ass than it should have been.

I ordered 4 wheels, they charged my card for each wheel individually, 53.99 four times. on the 4th one my bank's fraud department shut down my account leaving me stranded at the gas pump at 2am tuesday night(i work nights and i was on my way home). After calling my bank's after hours service I got it straightened out and was able to get my card turned back on.

Tuesday during the day i called quadratec, waited on hold for 20 minutes and told them what happened. the customer service guy said he was going to charge the 4th wheel and send it out

well that didnt happen so I just called them again, waited on hold for 30 minutes this time. explained the story, guy said he will send it out today....

The customer service people are rude, long hold times, charging each wheel individually, absolutely no communication from them(no email shipping confirmations or anything).

should have just ordered from ebay lol, lesson learned!

it seems they have gotten worse over time. a few years ago, i never had an issue. and here in the last couple, not only have i had issues, but others i know as well. not sure what it going on. I had a friend order all new steering for his JKU. well, he never got a shipping notification. after about a month, he called and asked for his money back, and they refused, saying the item was a backorder item and already in queue to ship. he finally got it refunded. I dont think i will be using them again. Same goes for Morris4x4. the last year or so has been nothing but a headache. Ive began using amazon allot more.

I wont order from these guys again, it was more of a pain in the ass than it should have been.

I ordered 4 wheels, they charged my card for each wheel individually, 53.99 four times. on the 4th one my bank's fraud department shut down my account leaving me stranded at the gas pump at 2am tuesday night(i work nights and i was on my way home). After calling my bank's after hours service I got it straightened out and was able to get my card turned back on.

Tuesday during the day i called quadratec, waited on hold for 20 minutes and told them what happened. the customer service guy said he was going to charge the 4th wheel and send it out

well that didnt happen so I just called them again, waited on hold for 30 minutes this time. explained the story, guy said he will send it out today....

The customer service people are rude, long hold times, charging each wheel individually, absolutely no communication from them(no email shipping confirmations or anything).

should have just ordered from ebay lol, lesson learned!

Hi there,

Very sorry to see this. We charge per package as it ships out. We do not charge until a part ships, unless PayPal is used. This does sometimes activate bank/card companies' fraud services, though it is rare. Please PM me your order number. I would like to take a look at this. Also, if you have the name of the reps with whom you spoke and feel were rude, please send that information as well.

Thanks much,

-Rick @ Quadratec

Hi there,

Very sorry to see this. We charge per package as it ships out. We do not charge until a part ships, unless PayPal is used. This does sometimes activate bank/card companies' fraud services, though it is rare. Please PM me your order number. I would like to take a look at this. Also, if you have the name of the reps with whom you spoke and feel were rude, please send that information as well.

Thanks much,

-Rick @ Quadratec

Update: I finally have been charged for the last wheel and got a FedEx tracking for that one wheel, should be here Saturday it says. I never did get any sort of shipping confirmation on the other three wheels. If I don't see them by tomorrow be I will contact you. Thank you

And no I do not remember the names of the customer service reps I talked to, but they seemed to all have the same attitude.

Update: I finally have been charged for the last wheel and got a FedEx tracking for that one wheel, should be here Saturday it says. I never did get any sort of shipping confirmation on the other three wheels. If I don't see them by tomorrow be I will contact you. Thank you

And no I do not remember the names of the customer service reps I talked to, but they seemed to all have the same attitude.

Great to see! Sorry about what you are saying with the attitude. I am sending you a PM.

Thanks,

-Rick

Great news, the first 3 arrives today and it looks like I should see the 4th tomorrow! I'm much happier now

Great to see! If we can help with anything else, just let us know.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick

i always get an idea of what i want using them as a resource then i head straight to summit. customer service and warranty departments are excellent. just warrantied a shock from them. answered some questions about my build and its use and they sent out a new one with out any hassle at all. i got bad vibes from quadratec. their prices are over inflated on most of their stuff and it almost seems like theyd rather deal with the jk guys... ya know they have more money than god sooooooo. i just deal with summit.

i always get an idea of what i want using them as a resource then i head straight to summit. customer service and warranty departments are excellent. just warrantied a shock from them. answered some questions about my build and its use and they sent out a new one with out any hassle at all. i got bad vibes from quadratec. their prices are over inflated on most of their stuff and it almost seems like theyd rather deal with the jk guys... ya know they have more money than god sooooooo. i just deal with summit.

Sorry you feel this way.

The majority of our Web Department own XJ's. They really push for any new XJ parts in the catalog and on the web.

We do price shop our competition now, and if a price is less elsewhere we do price match.

Also: We offer a forum discount to NAXJA members! For a discounted quote you can go about it 3 ways:

1) PM me with your first & last name, address, zip and the part numbers you would like to order. I'll reply back with a discounted quote if applicable. This takes 1-2 business days (or less) on average depending on PM volume.

2) E-mail my sales rep Rob at: [email protected] Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

3) Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm.

Whichever you prefer works for us.

-Rick

First, I am glad to see you listen to your critics.

Second, thanks for stepping up as a paid vendor at NAXJA! :cheers:

It has been 3 or 4 years since I ordered from Quadratec, the local stores did not even list the replacement part I needed for that YJ. The service was fast, I had notification when the part shipped, and the part was here sooner than estimated. Given my one experience, I was disappointed to hear of anything less from Quadratec.

Best wishes while moving forward!

Yes I am satisfied with quadratec now and would probably order again, one thing I do suggest is somehow work on answering phones faster in both customer service and sales. Hold times are pretty long for a sales company I think.

Sorry you feel this way.

The majority of our Web Department own XJ's. They really push for any new XJ parts in the catalog and on the web.

We do price shop our competition now, and if a price is less elsewhere we do price match.

Also: We offer a forum discount to NAXJA members! For a discounted quote you can go about it 3 ways:

1) PM me with your first & last name, address, zip and the part numbers you would like to order. I'll reply back with a discounted quote if applicable. This takes 1-2 business days (or less) on average depending on PM volume.

2) E-mail my sales rep Rob at: [email protected] Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

3) Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm.

Whichever you prefer works for us.

-Rick
I appreciate your concern for the issue. This did push me to consider parts purchases in the future. The price gap between other vendors is the thing that deters me still. I understand that that is something that often times can't be worked around. But a big thing for me is summits warranty department and their knowledgeable staff ( not that your's isn't, in regards to xjs) it's just an all in one package that makes it easy and enjoyable to shop there. After this conversation I will actually try to send some business your way. I appreciate the concern for us very much. Also any chance that the seasonal catalogs can have some more variety in parts? It seems like it's the same catalog with a different cover each time?

Saying you wheel a JK is like ordering Chinese takeout and calling yourself a chef.

I ordered so.e mirrors from them, theybought cracked within a month. Tried 3 times to get ahold of them with no reply.never bought from them again.

Thands for the heads up on mirror quality.
My daughter ordered some for her 89 and it said "order by this time it will ship today".
2 weeks later she gets an email saying out of stock back ordered. Bad thing is it still says "order by this time it will ship today".
Web department is dropping the ball

I've ordered from Quadratec a few times and only had problems with a backordered item recently. I waited nearly a month and finally changed my order. The sales rep the I spoke with was very helpful and polite. I will definitely order from Quadratec again.

Thanks to all who have placed orders with us! As fellow Jeep owners we definitely want to help as best we can. As you can see from my personal account above, I have been on NAXJA since 2005 and have owned 2 XJ's myself:

1991:
i-DTGHbxd-XL.jpg

1993:
i-5rFQ28K-XL.jpg

We do appreciate any and all feedback. I have been forwarding it to the proper folks for review, including the XJ catalogs being similar.

With regard to our website, the inventory showing as "In stock" is new to the new website design. It is not perfect, but definitely better than not having any inventory as we had prior. Green XJ Jeep, what is the part # on the mirrors? I can show this to the Web Department.

If anyone has any questions or other comments please let me know!

Thanks much,

-Rick

Thanks been in contact with RobW (quick response is appreciated) and he said it was an issue with the order not getting sent to the warehouse that had them in stock.
I can see the system being a great boon for your company after the bugs are worked out.

Back