• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Public Scoping Meetings - JV 12/3, 12/4, 12/5

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Help Save Johnson Valley!

Attend A Public Scoping Meeting on Proposed Marine Base Expansion

Working together everyone can help save Johnson Valley. However, your participation in the public decision making process is critical. You can help save Johnson Valley by attending one of the three Twentynine Palms Marine Corps Base expansion scoping meetings. Just walking through the door of one of the meetings to ask questions and gather information sends a loud and powerful message that the future use of Johnson Valley by the public is important to you!

Meeting Dates

December 3, 2008, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Twentynine Palms, CA (Twentynine Palms Junior High, Hay’s Gym, 5798 Utah Trail, Twentynine Palms, CA)

December 4, 2008, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Victorville, CA (Hilton Garden Inn Victorville, 12603 Mariposa Road, Victorville, CA)

December 5, 2008, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Ontario, CA (Convention Center, 2000 E. Convention Center Way, Ontario, CA)

The Marine Corps is studying it's needs to meet the Marine Corps Expeditionary Brigade (MEB) sustained, combined arms, live-fire and maneuver training requirements. The scoping meetings are designed to solicit input from stakeholders, the affected public and agencies regarding issues or interests that should be studied or the reasonable alternatives that should be considered for the study moving forward. Each of the three scoping meetings will consist of an informal, open house session with information stations staffed by Marine Corps representatives. Public comment forms will be available and gathered at the information stations, and a stenographer will be available to take oral comments for inclusion in the record.

At this time the Marine Corps is studying five potential base expansion alternatives and a No Action Alternative. These study alternatives include:

Alternatives 1 & 4 – Add 188,000 acres West of the base and 22,000 acres South of the base. These alternatives effectively include expansion in to all of the Johnson Valley OHV-Multiple Use Area. Training movements and live-fire exercises differ between Alternative 1 and 4.

Alternative 2 – Add 122,000 acres West of the base and 22,000 acres South of the base. This alternative includes most of the Johnson Valley OHV-Multiple Use Area.

Alternative 3 – Add 228,000 acres East of the base and 22,000 acres South of the base. This alternative does not include expansion into Johnson Valley.

Alternative 5 – Add 188,000 acres West of the base only (Johnson Valley).

No Action Alternative – Marine Corps will seek no additional lands, MEB exercises would occur on existing base.

Take Action Now – Attend at least one public scoping meeting and encourage your family and friends to do the same, and pass along this information to others you think are interested in Johnson Valley’s future. Visit the Partnership For Johnson Valley at www.pfjv.org for additional information and the latest updates.
[FONT=arial,helvetica]

just got this in my in box, and obviously cant make it to these meetings...

If anyone down there can, I'm interested in what the deal is...

Everyone that went to the RockinXJ jamboree will be affected based on the outcome of this upcoming decision...
[/FONT]

Bump to the top of the page cause Rick's title sucks..

:)

I hoping I can make the Friday meeting.

Bump -- meeting in Twentynine Palms today!
December 3, 2008, 5 p. m to 9 p.m., Twentynine Palms, CA (Twentynine Palms Junior High, Hay’s Gym, 5798 Utah Trail, Twentynine Palms, CA)

Bump -- Meeting tonight in Victorville

Turnout in Twentynine Palms was poor -- about 120 people. About 85% residents. Thank you to the off roaders who came from the local area and to FOGR folks, but especially thanks to those that came from as far away as Fullerton and Newport Beach.

December 4, 2008, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Victorville, CA (Hilton Garden Inn Victorville, 12603 Mariposa Road, Victorville, CA)

Bump -- Meeting tonight in Victorville

Turnout in Twentynine Palms was poor -- about 120 people. About 85% residents. Thank you to the off roaders who came from the local area and to FOGR folks, but especially thanks to those that came from as far away as Fullerton and Newport Beach.

120 is a poor turnout?

The Ontario meeting is tonight.
I know many of you live within an hours drive of this one.
MAKE THIS MEETING!
Come on people, this is our wheelin' spot we are talking about here.
We need to show up and make an impact.

TONIGHT......DO IT!!

:D

I saw a post that there were about 200 people last night. I thought it was poorly attended. I got there around 5 and left around 7. I had expected to see more people show up after work, but the crowd at 7 was less than the crowd at 5.

Bump -- Meeting tonight in Ontario!

Turnout in Victorville was better than Twentynine Palms, but still poor -- about 200 people. This time it was about 90% recreationalists. Thank you to those that showed up, you know who you are! And, as someone so eloquently put it on one of the forums, "Where in the he## were the rest of you?"

Wrong answer: Home watching Survivor

Right answer: I'm going to the meeting in Ontario

There is FREE PARKING at the Ontario Convention Center tonight.

December 5, 2008, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Ontario, CA (Convention Center, 2000 E. Convention Center Way, Ontario, CA)

Helen Baker
www.pfjv.org

Bump -- Meeting tonight in Ontario!

Turnout in Victorville was better than Twentynine Palms, but still poor -- about 200 people. This time it was about 90% recreationalists. Thank you to those that showed up, you know who you are! And, as someone so eloquently put it on one of the forums, "Where in the he## were the rest of you?"

Wrong answer: Home watching Survivor

Right answer: I'm going to the meeting in Ontario

There is FREE PARKING at the Ontario Convention Center tonight.

Helen Baker
www.pfjv.org

WHAT???
I missed Survivor last night?
Damn it!!
:D

Hi guys,

I got some fliers about an event on december 13-14th at work for Cougar Butes area in JV. I typed info out for it on my ATV site. I guess the event is to raise money and awareness for this issue and others and sounds like it will be fun as well as show of numbers. I will be there on my quads that weekend. I guess also there is a push to send in stuff to BLM and reps before the 15th. Check out info on my website for details. I put links on there to guys that had put out the fliers.. and i think they are same guys you guys have been talking too. Maybe I will see some of you there! I am trying to figure out how to tow my jeep and quads out there :). www.atv4christ.com

God Bless!

Brian

Back