• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Providence Canyon update/run

What kind of driveline issues?

The double cardon joint is toast. I did drop it off at Tattons today for a rebuild. They will have it done Friday but now funds are short.
My rig is a 2001 so gas on a trip like this would probably run me $75 or more.
I am going to try to make the "freeze your tail off" trip with expedition utah.

I'd like to go to that but my birthday is the 21st and since the world is going to end that day we are having an apocalyptic birthday party that night.

Let me know how that shop treats you. I have a spare shaft that needs a new CV unit.

Millville has gotten way overgrown at the top anyway. Not a fan of oak brush pinstripe........

Death wobble is disqualifying me for this run. I thought I had it figured out again, but it just scared the crap out of me twice coming home from Provo on the freeway. I'm giving in and ordering a steering stabilizer.

Sorry guys.

Death wobble is disqualifying me for this run. I thought I had it figured out again, but it just scared the crap out of me twice coming home from Provo on the freeway. I'm giving in and ordering a steering stabilizer.

Sorry guys.

Boo!!!

Let some air out of the tires and try again.

Sorry guys.

What a wuss....Abstain would just suck it up and drive, I want to retract my vote.

If it's not too cold, windy or stormy...since we can't go all the way out. Is anyone interested in blasting a few pumpkins with this when we get to the top?

I have a few pumpkins that really need to get blown up. And I have enough ammo to share :D
A5916156-EBF1-469D-9E7A-195F8EFC8353-1915-000001B0EB0633EF.jpg

I found a different bullet-powder combo I like a lot better. Unfortunately I found this out after loading several hundred rounds of this stuff I want to get rid of. Might as well shoot it so I can reuse the cases.

Boo!!!

Let some air out of the tires and try again.

I'm at work the rest of the night, so I won't be able to test the lower tire pressure theory. Plus I'm still spooked enough that I don't even want to try. Normally, I can see the bump coming and be ready. Both times today it came out of nowhere.

What a wuss....Abstain would just suck it up and drive, I want to retract my vote.

Abstain is the man!

I have a spare shaft that needs a new CV unit.

I really dig Tatton's for driveshafts. I do not know if he has anyone else working there - I have only ever seen him. Quality stuff at a fair price, as far as I have experienced. I have had him do a couple CV joints and build me three shafts.

I'd like to go to that but my birthday is the 21st and since the world is going to end that day we are having an apocalyptic birthday party that night.

Let me know how that shop treats you. I have a spare shaft that needs a new CV unit.

Tattons was good. He put new Spicer joints and cv in it, balanced and painted shinny black. $100.00
All in one day. Unfortunately I have come down with a sinus infection and have not had time to install it. His shop does seem a little getto, but he seemed to know his stuff. It did look like a one man show.

Back