• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proper use of Seafoam?

Looks can be deceiving.

But then other times they're spot on. :D

Somehow it ended up in the public avatars about five years ago. I've never tried to get it pulled because I find it entertaining when I run into it every six months or a year :D

Proper use of Seafoam? Leave it on the shelf at the store, unless your tuning up a 50 year old Evinrude outboard or something.

It killed my upstream 02 sensor.

Whenever I feel the need to do a carbon cleaning, I get the Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner that is designed for Mopar vehicles. I've used it multiple times with no 02 sensor failures.

I usually do intake treatment before ignition maint. (plugs), and remove O2 for blow out

I've only used Seafoam for cleaning out engine oil galleries and only 90 to 120 miles before changing the oil. The previous owner never had his/her oil and filter changed at the recommended intervals, before selling it to the Abused Car Stealership which I bought it from in February, 2004. As a result, I'm still clearing the gunk out of the oil galleries more than 5 years later. However, as far as I can tell, all internal moving parts are getting proper lubrication, in spite of the gunk.

Back