• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projects to complete before NAC-Fest....

For me:

1. Have rotted/rusted rockers replaced with HD tubing Done!!
2. Have rusted rear quarter panels addressed In process

got any pics of this? these are both on my list.

0002zr1f

best shot of the rockers

looks like 2x6 or maybe 2x5?

2x6

Pretty set on going down this year at least for one day of wheelin.
My List:
1) Order 2 new tires,next week
2) Finish rear quarter cut and fold. maybe tomorrow?
3) Rebuild the heim or get RE HD tracbar
4) Lower control arm bushings
5) Fix front diff and install, tomorrow
6) Get spare shafts and joints
7) Flush cooling system, trans service, T-case service
8) Maybe add bumpstop
9) Go through everything to find more stuff

best shot of the rockers

For the record, the pic is of MDXJ's rig, but he did the same rocker conversion on mine, and is working on my quarters too. He does do nice work, doesn't he?

For the record, the pic is of MDXJ's rig, but he did the same rocker conversion on mine, and is working on my quarters too. He does do nice work, doesn't he?
i didn't think that was your rig, but it does indeed look good. i think i'm going to do mine with 2x4... maybe 2x5. i really don't know yet. i had a 6ft section of 2x6 that i traded away. i almost wish i kept it though... i really have no idea right now... :confused: i've looked at a bunch of others' build threads of this and can't decide. i like formatt's though, i'll say that. (link)

Last edited:

LoL - thats kind of funny. I've seen both your Jeeps in person and that post and pic threw me off for a second until I figured it out. There for a minute I thought, "Man, Rob went crazy over the past few months" :looney:

Are your rockers now air tanks like his are?

And yes, he does very good work. He fixed my striker plate perfectly!!

i got so much shit to do I'm gonna probably have to back out ...

-Fix rusted out floors
-rebuild drive shafts and replace u-joins in axle
-Rebuild 8.25 with Detroit and 4.56 sitting in my back yard, install it
and re-gear front D30
or
diagnose noise in current rear and fix
-rear tow point
-fight electrical gremlin with headlights...

and Im sure there's other stupid lil crap ...

oh yea and come up with money to fund all this and get there...:clap:

just been a crappy year ...

i got so much shit to do I'm gonna probably have to back out ...

-Fix rusted out floors
-rebuild drive shafts and replace u-joins in axle
-Rebuild 8.25 with Detroit and 4.56 sitting in my back yard, install it
and re-gear front D30
or
diagnose noise in current rear and fix
-rear tow point
-fight electrical gremlin with headlights...

and Im sure there's other stupid lil crap ...

oh yea and come up with money to fund all this and get there...:clap:

just been a crappy year ...

what kind of problem do you have with the headlights?

If ya weren't hours away I'd let ya work on my jeep too, if that's all ya got to do!! ;)

haha yeah I hardly have the time to do those few things, living in a townhouse, I always have to go to other places to work on it, pain in the balls.

Ahh, yeah, that sucks :( When I move out, I told my girlfriend that my ONLY two requirements are a NH address and a garage, the rest is 100% up to her heh

Ahh, yeah, that sucks :( When I move out, I told my girlfriend that my ONLY two requirements are a NH address and a garage, the rest is 100% up to her heh

I had similar requests, i needed a garage, or a larger driveway. I currently have had 4xj's and a crew cab fullsize in my new driveway with nobody blocked in. I love my new driveway

My endless list of crap to do..

1) replace upper and lower ball joints- doing those tomorrow
2) replace my LCA's
3) drill/tap new holes for rear bumpstops and put them back in
4) Get 4.56 gears installed in the D30 and D44- just ordered gears/install kits today from national drivetrain :)
5) Get ARB installed in the 44
6) disc conversion on the D44 (hopefully)
7) make up some brackets to bolt my sub down so it doesnt slide around
8) get a transfer case skidplate and sye and install them
9) install gas tank skid plate
10) get OBA done

Not sure if I'll get to the disc conversion in time, I might just buy a new set of shoes for the 44 and just run it for a while. I'm not sure if I'll have the funds to get the SYE or transfer skid plate since my axles are more important, but we'll see.

LoL - thats kind of funny. I've seen both your Jeeps in person and that post and pic threw me off for a second until I figured it out. There for a minute I thought, "Man, Rob went crazy over the past few months" :looney:

Are your rockers now air tanks like his are?

And yes, he does very good work. He fixed my striker plate perfectly!!

No, mine aren't set up for tanker duty.

i think a few people added a few things to their list this weekend. i'll let them post back...

haha. YEAH they did. hey anthony...since my jeep won't be done by then, you're welcome to A. come up here and check out the jeepy, and at the same time. B. steal my on board air so you can have it for the trip :) if ya had 5 on 5.5 i'd let you steal the beadlocks too :laugh3:

Would love to get this done before NACFEST...

OK, So I have bitten off way more than I can chew and I have not even started yet. I have 2 "built" D44 complete axles, A TnT Y-Link, Springs, Leafs, Shackles and Unibody stiffeners to put on a 90 4 door... Anybody in the Maryland area(vehicle is in West Friendship, Howard Co.) willing to help with the project. Welding skills a BIG PLUS! More than willing to return the favor and YES THIS IS A TRAIL RIG, NOT A MALL KRAWLER! I have a weird schedule though. Wed. and Thurs. off
Also the work will be done outside on blacktop. I have access to air tools and we will have a compressor to run them. Can also compensate with food, beer, and possibly some cash. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can turn a wrench but I know when to ask for help. Post or message if interested and willing.

Back