• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Telluride: tons, big rubber, and a clean slate.

This thing is looking so badass. The polished methods on that color XJ just work. You are keeping this as full bodied as possible, right?

Ha. It'll fit.
Yes plan is as full body as possible. There is cage plans that involve some roof changes, but will look completely intact and factory when all complete.

And yea I agree the machines finish works well against the color. Hoping in the sun it'll pop even more.

Haha. Sadly this isn't much lower than 8" already.

So not much in the way of work.

Got the rear diff cover on and rear on its weight

image_zpstbmgnynn.jpeg

Rear is ride height on weight. Front is about 2" low still but maxed out stands and don't like stacking stuff underneath too high :gag:

image_zpsq3j3qwmw.jpeg

Also painted the replacement header panel. Picked up frame plates from hooligan. Pulled rear bumper and end caps pulled as well.

This thing is going to be a bad-ass!

Have you thought about rocking TNT's front fender panels? Combined with some easy fender trimming, those 40's would stuff in there nicely! :)

Thanks! I'll be ordering some more stuff from you in a few weeks.

If you mean the inner fender panels they make, I checked them out, but since I have to make wheel well extensions for the rear I figured I would just make those as well. See how it goes as far as clearance. The front axle is laying in place on the rollers currently and damn does it seem bigger once it's there.

Man. I really hate this part of prepping a XJ.
Drilled out the stock brackets and cleaned the frame in way of some hooligan plating.
image_zpsdape5opv.jpeg

image_zpsalcnw6nk.jpeg

Yeah I felt Hooligan by far had the best plating option available. Plus they are local so made it a solid deal for me. Great product.

Well link stuff and sliders should be here tomorrow. And a few other parts (brake lines,sye, rear shock mounts) will be here some time next week. Unfortunately with my schedule change I only have one day off until next weekend which will be consumed by taking the lady to airport, dog for hike, and a m&g for our chapter. I'll get something done eventually. :(

I'm a few months behind you lol, can you get lots of pictures on the 3 link install? I'm either going through HD Off-road or Ruffstuff...leaning to Brian though.

Nothing major.
Knocked out the SYE tonight.
Got my front brake lines and other set of heims in today as well. My boostwerks rear shock brackets came in the other day as well.
Picked up a portaband as well so hoping that'll help tear down the front axle.

More posts after this weekend.
Hoping front will be on its own weight.

Lol. I'll have pics to post tomorrow.
Snapped two portaband blades and had to order more (none local) so had to resort to cutoff wheels.
There's just not a lot of room to get the cuts how you want. So forced to do multiple smaller cuts in order to get what I want out of the way.

Have one side about done, just needs smoothed down.
The other is about half done.

Back