• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "Rubicon This!"

So, I've actually been doing some work to this thing now. I managed to get the new lift under the front which is the Rusty's 3" heavy duty coils along with a new Rough Country track bar, ZJ steering box, drop pitman and V8 ZJ steering.

newlift.jpg

I took the front clip off so I could remove the A/C condenser and install my aux trans cooler.

transcooler.jpg

And I managed to get my winch bumper installed, though I haven't got a winch. I'm working on bolting the fog lights up to this bumper and giving the wires a little bit of a stretch to make up for the extra distance between the two.

frontbumper.jpg

Before work ceased on it today, Kim and I got this far and a bit further with the rear leaf springs. We managed to get one of them in before I left to beat the snow. He said he might tinker with it some more today, so I'll know more when I get out there tomorrow or Tuesday.

Sorry for the chitty pics. My real camera is teh dEd.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see the rest of this. You plans are basically the exact same as mine (5 inches or so of lift and 33's)

stickers.jpg

Post WF pic. For those of you who didn't attend, I made out pretty well at the banquet/raffle. I scored a $200 GC for Rusty's and already have stuff in transit. A nice shirt and a couple stickers from the Badlands, a Hi-Lift boot, a $100 GC to Rock Solid Fab and Brendan gave me his Hi-Lift handle isolator. And thanks to those of you who voted me "Best Built on a Budget"!

I'll take a few pics of stuff and toss it on photobucket. Though I may have to tear into some stuff and don't know when I'll be building again. I heard some nasty sounds from the Aussie in the driveway tonight *lots of snow in my old parking spot* and a funky acting brake light. We'll see.

Here's a decent one of how it looks now.

josh2.jpg

Dammit!!!

If I only saw this just a few minutes earlier! You're driving within a block of my place.

I guess I could time it right and stand out at the Sun Prairie exit and wave my Winterfest t-shirt at you...:viking:

Dammit!!!

If I only saw this just a few minutes earlier! You're driving within a block of my place.

I guess I could time it right and stand out at the Sun Prairie exit and wave my Winterfest t-shirt at you...:viking:

Or you could get off your Duff and come over and say "Hi" :D

I'll likely be up the road at Canoe Coppoia... You know the cell number.

Good to actually meet you, Ron! I couldn't be happier with what I got. Everyone at home seems to think I got a good deal, too.

And it's always nice seeing you, Steve! Thanks for stopping out to say hello!

Holy hell, his tires are bigger than mine now............its ok KM2's coming in May! :D

Off to Mad-town this morning to pick up a set of 4 Goodyear MTR 32s and 1 Kumho MT from Zuki-Ron.

Nice, did you already trim or is that on the way?

Nice, did you already trim or is that on the way?
Well, I've got 5.5" RE coils, RC long arms and other fixins to bring the rear up to match the front waiting to go on. I just got the lift done the way it is for WF. Didn't have time for everything else. So, at the moment, I don't plan on trimming. I'll wait and see where everything is once I get it all together and decide then if I want to trim. I may as well trim a little and put on the Rusty's flares I've got waiting.

That's right i remember you saying that now

So, some of you have already seen it on teh facebooks. But, I gotta update the build thread. Most of you know I got a RS9500 from Jason at WF. I grabbed up an Optima Yellertop to handle the extra load.

optima.jpg

And since I was under the hood plopping that sucker in, I figured it was going to be a good time to do the winch too.

winch.jpg

XJosh'feel like a kid on Christmas!'95

getcha sum son!! welcome to the "I have a winch, its time to get stupid" club.

Cheese "winched more people out then I have myself" Man

getcha sum son!! welcome to the "I have a winch, its time to get stupid" club.

Yeah, because Josh needs a winch to get stupid........ :D

Bought an APN header from Byron at WF, thanks again, btw! Decided if I was going to wrap it, I might want to do it while it was still out.

headerwrap.jpg

On a side note, if anyone is looking for around 20' of headerwrap, I'll let it go cheap.

Back