• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project RollingWreck

brackets tacked on the differential finally! brakets are for larger tubes like a D44.. but will work on the D30 with some filling.

tab1.jpg

tab2.jpg

just placed my order for the Brown Dog Poly motor mounts, an NAXJA membership and shopping for shocks and other bits. if anybody has a set of used lower control arms im in the market for some 3" lift friendly ones. (bent/adjustable type)

Lower control arms ordered: ebay, "fat bobs garage" tube style extended/curved.
shocks ordered, 88 wrangler for front, 95 F150 4x4 for rear (monroe cheapies)
brown dog poly motor mounts on the way.
just need my upper control arm bushings and 91 durango springs to make the bastid pack so i can ditch the blocks.
eager to drive my baby!

after all this time my XJ is sitting on its own front tires again. not easy prying and hammering suspension parts back in trying to line every thing up with a bent frame and the lower control arm brackets welded in a few degrees off. looks good with the 3" front lift and 31 inch tires (on the stock jeep alloys)

note: used the brakes that came with the 90 XJ front differential, needed to buy the brake lines to match the calipers, connects to the back instead of the bottom side. messed up the hard lines a bit.. will have to replace those!

a snag has been found! got the rear diff unbolted from the springs and jacked up.. guess what? the locator pins in the lift blocks are too big to fit in the hole of the spring seat! guess i will have to grind it down a bit (not going to mod the seat since i will be getting new springs when i get money saved) these blocks were supposedly from a cherokee lift.. guess not!

also eliminated the rear sway bar (front is staying!) nearly on the road baby!

Back