• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project MJ Ghost

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Going to start working on the MJ in the next couple weeks.

Little Glenn took it and washed it good:

We dropped the fuel tank and it was varnish.

Mr. Glenn. Nice snag. I have a lot of envy for comanches. I know you will have some good updates for us! Make sure to keep that gold stripe down the side. It looks very California Highway Patrol!

Mr. Glenn. Nice snag. I have a lot of envy for comanches. I know you will have some good updates for us! Make sure to keep that gold stripe down the side. It looks very California Highway Patrol!

Very true. I think that the name of this vehicle should be "Ponch."

I've actually had this truck for years.

whats the end goal?

We want a 4x4 daily driver with a nice lifted stance. IF all goes to plan this will be running in a month or less and out of my shop.

I've actually had this truck for years.

Well dang. I guess I need to get out of the house more often. :laugh:

Got any more MJs sitting around that Jeep tree in your back yard :anon:

So I decided to see if I could find the pictures from when I got it. 11/29/06 was when she was brought home.

Interior:

Tried to get some info from Jeep on it and they sent me to their Historical Services department. They sent me two PDF's of brochures. One on the Comanche and one on the Olympic Edition.

Attachments

• 1988 Jp Olympic Editions Brochures.pdf
    828.4 KB · Views: 5
Since that is an Olympic Edition '88 model, you need to get on e-bay and find one of these pin sets:

0B5EA117-D4D2-4D75-837E-D6FF88746E2B_zpsdtt7t27o.jpg

Thanks for letting me know those exist and helping me to go even more broke!

Last night was date night with the GF. While I was eating great food and drinking some good beers LG was working on the MJ.

From just looking at it briefly he did a good job! I guess that machine tooling class is starting to pay off! :yelclap:

Made some progress on the Mj today. L Glenn and his GF and D, my girl, worked on the jeep. D helped me get the donor in position for transmission removal.

L Glenn helped me get the transmission out and pull the intake on the HO donor.

Ashley, his GF, did a great job with purple power and a wire brush cleaning the URE off the donor transmission and t-case.

We now have it all ready to go in the MJ.

A few questions. The flex plate is off the 88 donor. Does it only go on one way or are the bolts symmetrical? I don't want to put it on only to find out it's out of synch... The MJ was ransacked by a shop class before I got it. It had nothing still left on the block that had a hole at #6. Should I get a new distributor? What else should I get new? We are putting a 92? HO motor in it with the Renix system. I know the TPS has to be adapted. But what about the Alternator and other accessories? Plan on the HO intake but what about the fuel injectors and fuel rail? I assume I run the Renix brackets with the Renix PS pump and other accessories. I removed the fuel tank and sender and washed them too. I actually have the tanks soaking in B54 cleaner with some nuts in it.

Pulled some brackets off the 88 donor.

Need to source an exhaust manifold and the gasket that was on the distributor. Coming along nicely. Should be ready to drop it in by this weekend. We were looking at doing this mod to make the TB work:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1100996

However we found a TB in a box I got from Cnickgo that had a RENIX TPS on it!

Can't wait to see it on the road! Or off, as the case may be.

So last week we got the intake and exhaust on the motor.

We then tried for a couple hours one day after work to mate them. I had forgotten that Nick ran a manual. In my hast I tried to put them together with the pilot bearing still in there. Apparently I damaged at least the TC and maybe the front pump:

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1133073

So now I'm looking for a transmission pump to try and swap with mine and a new converter.

Back