• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: #becauseracejeep

I'd be more concerned about the plastic lmao. Gotta love PROTOTYPES. The adapter will be made out of 1/2" steel and the spacers will be machined out of steel.
My apologies, for some reason it looked like rattlecanned steel (I must be blind.) Also, where I come from, mockups and prototypes are very different... a prototype is something that is built to test functionality before incorporating any fixes for deficiencies noted in the prototype during testing, this is repeated until everything works, then any design changes necessary for manufacturing are applied and the results are tested yet again. Every assembly that's testable in real world conditions is considered a prototype until the result is something that is manufacturable, repairable, and fully functional. I think you may be confusing the term prototype with the term mockup.

Autocross? Big brakes? Complete waste of time doing big brakes for autocross. If you think you need big brakes for autocross you probably really only need some decent pads and more likely seat time.

Everybody loves to break balls...
WTF is the problem with putting big brakes on a Dana 30? 12" is ok, 14" is stupid and too heavy? WTF?
I contend that this, and every other project that's safe for the road & gets the owner's rocks off, is awesome. Not everything is going to turn out perfect, folks. This brake swap, though, is pretty much an unmitigated "win"

Everybody loves to break balls...
WTF is the problem with putting big brakes on a Dana 30? 12" is ok, 14" is stupid and too heavy? WTF?
I contend that this, and every other project that's safe for the road & gets the owner's rocks off, is awesome. Not everything is going to turn out perfect, folks. This brake swap, though, is pretty much an unmitigated "win"

14" rotors aren't stupid per say. Mismatching them with a smaller caliper is,,, especially when they know full-well a 12" rotor will do the trick. If you're going to do a brake upgrade and you have the money (as they do) than do it right. Don't do a half-assed project on a full-ass budget.

I didn't notice what yan did, but I'm quite concerned about the washer stacking on the bolts for the adapter plate. You'll have no problems with them sliding against each other (they all have the same pressure face to face) but the extra leverage doesn't give me any warm fuzzy feelings, don't be surprised if the bolts bend and the caliper cants sideways when braking.

It's done all the time in desert racing. That's how we center the 4 piston calipers on the car. Of course they aren't just regular old grade 5 or 8 bolts or washers.

With sufficient bolt size, grade & torque it shouldn't be an issue. Welded steel > washers, though.

He drove a few hours down to one of the autocrosses a year or two ago. The Jeep looks good in person(though not a fan of s/c's poppin through hoods). The double reverse-arched composite leaves were interesting. I don't recall how many seconds he was off Mean Green, but it wasn't close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There isn't any room. Otherwise I would. Lol. Plus my springs are reverse arch spring over which means I can't really go off of the leaf spring plate either.

Late model, yes?
Go with a narrower muffler and some slight exhaust rerouting and there is just enough room for anti-wrap bar. Especially on a rig that will not be seeing any drastic suspension flex.

Back