• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problem with RCV Axles

can you post a pic of the rerouted exhaust?

Fron the frontside pic, It looks that you might have put the pumpkin more to the driver side? To get more clearance (exhaust/header)?

Nightmare with the exhaust

can you post a pic of the rerouted exhaust?

Fron the frontside pic, It looks that you might have put the pumpkin more to the driver side? To get more clearance (exhaust/header)?

After about 3 hours of attempts at the muffler shop it was decided that we needed to remove the exhaust manifold (Pacesetter Header) and trim to back to just where the two collectors meet and then weld on a new shorter collector of the two down pipes. Things are extremely tight down there.....wonder how others do it????????

IMG_0212-1.jpg

So this afternoon I spent removing the intake and exhaust manifolds and trying to devise a method that will allow the proper clearence. Tomorrow I'll try to purchase some exhaust pipe and maybe fab my own idea.

Here is what we have so far and I'm not to thrilled with it. :flamemad:

IMG_0213-1.jpg

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

A) you should have had currie moved the pumpkin more to the driver side to get some clearance on the exhaust.

B) you will never get it done with pacesetter, I had them on my XJ and with 3,5" RE lift they were hittin the driveshaft constantly, I imagine the 9" made the situation even worse.

I am looking forward to see how you resolved it.... I ended with Edelbrock headers and stock downpipe .....

You might want to try and see if you can snake the exhaust around the front of the oil pan. Like they do on TJ's, granted the front axle is to oil pan distance is bigger in a TJ. But looking at your pictures I am not even sure that would work.

Exhaust Problems

A) you should have had currie moved the pumpkin more to the driver side to get some clearance on the exhaust.

B) you will never get it done with pacesetter, I had them on my XJ and with 3,5" RE lift they were hittin the driveshaft constantly, I imagine the 9" made the situation even worse.

I am looking forward to see how you resolved it.... I ended with Edelbrock headers and stock downpipe .....

Fortunately I'm at a 4.5" lift with adjustable ACOS that I can increase the lift a little if necessary. Here is the header installed with the new collector. I dropped the vehicle off this morning and the opinion was that with the increased distance to work with he can make the curve back and over past the drive shaft.....we'll see.

IMG_0214-1.jpg

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Looking Good!

I think we have the clearence problem fixed. :clap::clap:

With moving the collector up 4 "s and using some tighter turns we were able to route the exhaust pipe up and around the pinion and u-joint.

This is what it looks like with the drivers side up against the bump stop.

IMG_0219.jpg

Here's a better picture of the route taken with the 4 different pieces of exhaust pipe.

IMG_0217.jpg

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Back