• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prices on Rubicon 5.5 long arm w/mono tube shocks

apaz321

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone I am new to this site but I would like a little insight from all of you if possible. What is the best price out there for a Rubicon 5.5 long arm kit with shocks NEW?
The best price I got so far is $1850 with the Mono Tube shocks. I have not found cheaper anywhere else and I have looked EVERYWHERE haha
let me know what you guys think and know about this thanks!

i'd say put your money into a full traction kit its a better system. rubicon makes horrible leaf springs. and full traction comes with a four link front not the y link

I have RE leafs and they're ok. The monotubes sucked. Don't waste your money. Buy good shocks.

I have the full-traction 6" long arm kit and I love it. The only issue I have had has been their cheap trac bar and upper bushing. I keep destroying the bushing and bending the trac bar. Also, their shocks are a little too short for the kit. I would go with a different set of shocks. The 10" (16"-26") shocks they put in the kit don't have enough travel. I always bottomed them out. I would get the kit and buy some 12" travel (16"-28") seperately. Other then that I have really enjoyed the lift. Strong, smooth, lots of flex, and well engineered.

http://www.fulltraction.com/detail.php?MODELID=4&MAKEID=1&TYPEID=1&PRODUCTID=98&NOTES=9,10

Last edited:
i had the RE 5.5 long arm kit on my first and second xj and loved it. it was great for go fast stuff and crawling. although i switched the coils for deavers, and was going to swap the leafs out too, but then i totaled it. i say swap the coils and leafs and its great.

i had the RE 5.5 long arm kit on my first and second xj and loved it. it was great for go fast stuff and crawling. although i switched the coils for deavers, and was going to swap the leafs out too, but then i totaled it. i say swap the coils and leafs and its great.

If you are going to do that just get the long arm upgrade and buy the coils and leafs you want.

I'd go with another brand with better customer service. Talking to Rubicon Express employees is like talking to a wall.

I will echo two things...

RE customer service sucks.

RE leaf springs suck, and I would never buy another set. With that being said, I'll make you a screaming deal on the leaf-packs from my 4.5" RE kit... :)

If you are going to do that just get the long arm upgrade and buy the coils and leafs you want.

yea i guess lol. but then he still has to buy everything else he wouldnt be getting from the kit. maybe just sell the coils and leafs and buy better ones. idk

yea i guess lol. but then he still has to buy everything else he wouldnt be getting from the kit. maybe just sell the coils and leafs and buy better ones. idk

I still think RE is overpriced for what it is.

I also have had leaf spring issues, bushing issues.

What about the rough country 6.5" long arm kit or their 6.5" x series kit? I've heard good things about them and their prices aren't too bad either.

like SPXJ said, fullsizeXJ has the best prices.

but i, like others, do not recommend RE. i would save for a bit more and get a good kit like those mentioned previously.

I like my 1.5" XJ/XJ bastard pack. Around $50.00 invested, running wee tires.

Everything is fun, challenging, and true to the original design of the cherokee. Very balanced rig, and it'll be unstoppable for the trails I do, if I ever get around to installing ARB's front and rear.

Then again, I DD my rig, and have high expectations of road-worthiness, so...YMMV:)

I LOVED my RE long arm lifted 93!!!! I'd do it again in a heart beat. I didnt have any horrible issues with the leafs either (and I drive HARD). As for pricing..... PM loose nuts enterprises (GREAT RE prices!!!) he's the rig of the month on the main page.

i did give fullsizexj a call awesome dude by the way very helpfull. he said i was getting a good deal when i told him the prices. and also said that the RE kit was not bad.

now all i need is the SYE and gears :/ i think i might do 4/10's and run 33's but 35's look real nice haha any rubbing issues with 35's anyone?

Back