• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pre SoCal-Fest WRENCH PARTY!!

What day do you prefer?

• Total voters
A BIG thanks to Ryan and Easy for helping me today, I would not have been able to get nearly as much done without your guys help!

We replaced the driver side upper and lower ball joints, and then installed complete ZJ steering.

We wanted to get the rear done but i could not get the right u-bolts today...

I am debating trying to get a Aussie Locker in the rear before I bolt it up.

You can Get U bolts from Long Beach Spring. They can make you any length size what not and the cost about 50 ish.

Glad you got some done.

Julio

Ordered the U Bolts from Currie $26 + shipping.

Also found out they dont make a 27 spline locker so i would have to get a no slip or lock right, dont think i can afford that right now. Unless i can get 29 spline shafts for my housing?

Ordered the U Bolts from Currie $26 + shipping.

Also found out they dont make a 27 spline locker so i would have to get a no slip or lock right, dont think i can afford that right now. Unless i can get 29 spline shafts for my housing?

I had sold a 27 spline powertrax a long time ago so they ARE out there

its nice for places that see snow. instead of shifting in and out of 4WD when you get into a stretch of snow and back to dry pavement, you can just leave it in full time. i like having it.

I get a LOT of snow up at my place and I love the full-time option. If your not a person who ever drives in snow then the 242 is not ideal. I had the 231 in my Wrangler and had a lot of issues with it in light snow. The pavement, to snow, to ice and back to pavement was a biatch for the 231. The 242 has been much more enjoyable to use in Winter conditions.

Last edited:
Yea, I spent more $$ than i thought on the steering so i don't think i can pull off a locker right now...

But i do like the 242, esp when i am in mammoth where it is half plowed and half snow.

Back