• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pre-97 OHC, with all required install hardware

kastein

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I picked up a pre-97 OHC at the junkyard a while ago because they always get trashed by the great unwashed if I leave them there for more than a day or two, and that's a waste... comes with compass/temp display module, front bracket (I think, I need to check - if I did not, I will include a plastic anchor and a longer screw for the front mount), rear bracket, wiring harness, all screws required to install, etc etc etc. This is bolt-in if you have a pre-97 with at least power windows/locks, you will need to run some custom wiring if you don't have power windows or locks though, since your cross body wiring harness will not have the proper connectors.

I do not recall if I pulled a temp sensor and associated cable for it or not, if I didn't, 5 bucks will get you a compatible sensor off a grand cherokee at the junkyard. If I did, it comes with, no extra charge.

Price is 30 dollars, exactly what I paid. I am not trying to make money off this, just saving what I can from the cash for clunkers vehicles and passing it on to the club. I will ship, but it'll be on your dime. Assume an 18" by 4" by 36" package weighing 5lbs shipped from 01602 for estimates.

If you need install instructions, tips, or help, I can definitely help you out with that. I've done a bolt-in install (on my XJ, with power locks/windows) and a custom install (on another local NAXJA member's XJ, with power nothing) which worked perfectly with the exception of the display dimming along with the rest of the console illumination. We could have gotten that working, but by the time we got far enough to think about it, it was 11PM and neither of us really felt like working on it more.

Sorry to everyone who PMed me - was mostly only on the net from my cellphone this weekend, so I didn't really check much of anything. My camera got stolen several months ago so all I have is the webcam built into my laptop :)puke:) but here's a pic for those who requested them...

pre97ohc.png

(sorry for the horrible image quality, holding a laptop upside down over the stuff while craning my neck to figure out if I was taking a picture of the OHC or the floor/wall was a little difficult... lol)

The cloth has some smudges on it, but they aren't very big. It's a grey overhead, so if you have a tan interior or other color you will want to reupholster it anyways ($15 materials, 45 minutes work.) It does come with a temp sensor and both brackets, I found them - the temp sensor extension cable has the connector for the 91-93 engine compartment harness, but so did the one I installed in my XJ. All that is required to fix this is two butt splice crimp terminals and a crimper, or some solder and an iron.

redneck - you're first in line as you contacted me first. If you decide you don't want it I will offer it to the next in line.

Sold, PM sent!

Back