• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prater for Prez!!!

Jump This said:
Be careful Remi, that's like pickin' on someone's religion!
Or home country......:D
Since I never refused anyone a beer everyone knows I'm just funnin ;) (though I do refuse on occasion beers I am offered as they're not beer :D )

BTT....

Just bringing the candidate threads to the top!

Please be sure to read about all of the candidates and cast your vote when the polls open!

Our public lands (mainly USFS and BLM administered) are currently going through major changes. Route Designations are occurring that WILL affect the areas that we recreate. What are your thoughts on this process? Have you participated at all in the process. Do you even care? Route Designation? There’s a trail there, that means I can wheel it, right? Should some of our public lands be set aside for limited/restricted use? Should some be designated as Wilderness areas? Or hell, NO! I’m locked and loaded , Let’s Wheel!

karstic said:
Our public lands (mainly USFS and BLM administered) are currently going through major changes. Route Designations are occurring that WILL affect the areas that we recreate. What are your thoughts on this process? Have you participated at all in the process. Do you even care? Route Designation? There’s a trail there, that means I can wheel it, right? Should some of our public lands be set aside for limited/restricted use? Should some be designated as Wilderness areas? Or hell, NO! I’m locked and loaded , Let’s Wheel!

This is fantastic! I will be very honest here, I am not up to par nor involved enough in the land issues. I have been looking into forest volunteering in the SB area.

Trail designations - I believe that everyone that uses the wilderness areas - hikers, offroaders, bikers, horseback, etc.. should share responsibilities in keeping areas open. I believe that us offroaders should be more involved as we seem to be more of a "target". I think the BLM should provide designated trails and not charge fees to use them. There should be donation choices and folks that use the trails should consider donating. It does cost $ to keep forest services running.

Wheelin on non-desig trails should never occur, unless it's on YOUR private land.

As for wilderness area desig - I believe if an area is currently open and being used, responsably, it should stay that way. Maybe there should be more awareness programs that clubs should participate in?

The only action I have taken thus far is financial support with donations and club events. Additionally, I have participated in a couple of the past adopt-a-trail events for NAXJA. I will be at the AAT this next year as well. Oh, I have signed several petitions in person and on-line to help fight against trail closures.

One thing I do try to do is pick-up trash when I wheel, not just mine, but other items a well. I usually pickup several bottles, cans, & plastic bags. Ialways bring a trash bag with me anticipating this.

I do hope to become more involved in current and future issues as well as help inform & educate folks.

Thank you!

agreed! thanks John.

Election is only a couple of days away!

Back