• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

powertrax no slip question

xjhm

NAXJA Forum User
i'll make this short.
i am ordering a no-slip by powertrax, who has the best price for one to fit a 8.25 29 spline open carrier? shipped to ky.

I got mine a couple of weeks ago from tellico 4x4. They have it for $359 plus shipping. I got mine shipped to Baltimore for a total of $384.90. That's the cheapest I could find. From Alabama to you should be a little cheaper in shipping.

xjhm said:
i'll make this short.
i am ordering a no-slip by powertrax, who has the best price for one to fit a 8.25 29 spline open carrier? shipped to ky.

I have a pair of 29 spline axle shafts for sale as well as a no-slip locker for the 8.25 that I could sell you if you're interested? For the shafts I want $125 & for the locker I want $200, the locker needs $100 or so in replacement parts, but is almost brand new, the previous owner of it didn't install it right so it needs some new springs & a coupler. This locker goes for $400 plus new and it has less than 200 miles on it.

I have the part#'s you will need, here is what Rich at Central 4 wheel drive where the locker was purchased told me he heard from Powertrax:

I called Powertrax and here's some prices on the parts you need:
will run 75.00 dollars
#8001001KAV runs 10.00 dollars
and the #6241014SEH2 according to Powertrax is not a correct number according to Mike and Powertrax........

Please let me know if you want my locker & I'll ship it out right away to you for $210 to your door. I bought a dana 44 with a detroit and no longer need it, this locker in all practically is brand new minus the couple of new parts you need.
Troy

ordered one $347.00 + shiping three day from wash. to ky. $30.00
found another at quadratecfor $356.95 drop shipped from man. but would take two weeks for delivery,
its amazing how much people will cut their price when you lowball them
i am tight but i am impatient, funny how the two don't work out together....
thanks for the suggestions... they didn't give me the best price but they did give me some negotiation power...

steinjeep said:
I have a pair of 29 spline axle shafts for sale as well as a no-slip locker for the 8.25 that I could sell you if you're interested? For the shafts I want $125 & for the locker I want $200, the locker needs $100 or so in replacement parts, but is almost brand new, the previous owner of it didn't install it right so it needs some new springs & a coupler. This locker goes for $400 plus new and it has less than 200 miles on it.

I have the part#'s you will need, here is what Rich at Central 4 wheel drive where the locker was purchased told me he heard from Powertrax:

I called Powertrax and here's some prices on the parts you need:
will run 75.00 dollars
#8001001KAV runs 10.00 dollars
and the #6241014SEH2 according to Powertrax is not a correct number according to Mike and Powertrax........

Please let me know if you want my locker & I'll ship it out right away to you for $210 to your door. I bought a dana 44 with a detroit and no longer need it, this locker in all practically is brand new minus the couple of new parts you need.
Troy
i appreciate the offer, but i would have over $300 at best in a used one if those parts did fix it...i would rather buy a new one and know it works right... unless i screw it up...
imo ...you should order the parts and sell it as a working unit

Back