• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax No-Slip Locker

BOOTLEGGER said:
No slip in rear and Aussie in front,they are great and no adverse problems in the Snow on the street with the little bit of driving it saw this past winter.

I have an Auto tranny

i have amanual but im not quite sure i understand the powertrax no slip, if its no slip then its a regular lunchbox locker right just like the aussie? if i have it in 2wd will the front one engage at all? or would it be completely disconnected from use untill 4x4 is engaged?

Also, for the rear obviously the powertrax no slip will be being used but will it engage if i drive it normally as a daily driver? will it cause any adversse suspension wear or should i just get an LSD?

As for the rear, obviously it will be

emr1101 said:
i have amanual but im not quite sure i understand the powertrax no slip, if its no slip then its a regular lunchbox locker right just like the aussie? if i have it in 2wd will the front one engage at all? or would it be completely disconnected from use untill 4x4 is engaged?

Also, for the rear obviously the powertrax no slip will be being used but will it engage if i drive it normally as a daily driver? will it cause any adversse suspension wear or should i just get an LSD?

As for the rear, obviously it will be
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=92-0382-2905&Category_Code=LOC
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-S2nDDvKHoA

The front locker will not engage unless power is going to it, though you may find that it will ratchet when making tight turns . The rear locker is locking when you are under power, it shouldn't cause premature suspension fatigue but may excelerate the tire where, especially if you are heavy on the gas.

Be sure to use rear tires that are the same size or you way prematurely wear out a lunch box locker

Back