• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power window wiring

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
Hello again all,

I decided to tray and chase down all the gremlins in my power window wiring today. Got them all sorted out except 1 and I need some help with the drivers side rear window. The window will go down just fine, but not up. I am able to jumper the blue wire to ground and it will go up perfectly so obviously there is a short. I chased all the wiring to one of the connectors in the drivers kick panel (my problem child wire is actually the orange/black stripe). If I unplug it and do a continuity check, both ends of the plug are ok...however, the second I plug them together I get the readings I DONT want. I kept eyeballin the plug thinkin it was something inside, but I dont see how because each wire is in its own protected segment, and I dont understand how everything can check out on both ends except when I plug them together. Any thoughts?

What year? I have a gremlin as well. Right rear window is not getting power to window motor or switch. Also I think my window unlock relay is bad thus why only my door can roll windows up and down. This is on a 94.

Cut off the offending wire plug, and hard wire them, or install a new generic plug.

Back