• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power trax no slip versus their lock rite

question i kno u can get one for the d30...if i put one in the front and not in the back...
1. would it be worth it? or would it be better to put lock rite in the front?
2. would you feel it when ur driving since were rwd?
3. also does anyone have one.. do u like it?
thanks guys

Last edited:
-96JeepSpeed- said:
But why not get a elctric locker?
Price. Have to set up gears again. ease of install. Lunch box lockers work(just a little more sloppy than a selectable locker).

LilRhodyXJ said:
question i kno u can get one for the d30...if i put one in the front and not in the back...
1. would it be worth it? or would it be better to put lock rite in the front?
2. would you feel it when ur driving since were rwd?
3. also does anyone have one.. do u like it?
thanks guys
upfront just get a lockright, they can be a little noisy but that is all in 2wd. been running a lockright up front for a couple years(has it been that long already...) and i have had no complaints. I dont see any snow either though.

MyJeepXJ said:
I noticed a certian amount of what I call "locker sway" in the rear when letting off the gas doing highway speeds.
X2,at freeway speeds getting on/off the gas definately tries to cause a lane change.

RCP Phx said:
X2,at freeway speeds getting on/off the gas definately tries to cause a lane change.

?! I have a NoSlip in my D44, and although I 'notice' it from time to time, I've never had it behave like that on the freeway or highway. . . I am running stock gearing right now(3.55 and I plan on regearing very soon) with an auto. I can 'see' how a manual transmission and deeper gears 'may' make a locker more noticable. What's your set up?

SBrad001 said:
?! I have a NoSlip in my D44, and although I 'notice' it from time to time, I've never had it behave like that on the freeway or highway. . . I am running stock gearing right now(3.55 and I plan on regearing very soon) with an auto. I can 'see' how a manual transmission and deeper gears 'may' make a locker more noticable. What's your set up?
Auto,4.10's,33's-it only does it when backing down fast or jumping on it(like passing) but it will definately let you know it there!

RCP Phx said:
Auto,4.10's,33's-it only does it when backing down fast or jumping on it(like passing) but it will definately let you know it there!

Really? I hardly notice mine at all, at all.

My biggest gripe about mine is that the rear tends to scoot out from under you at higher speeds on nice dirt roads. It's almost kind of fun though, definitely keeps me on my toes.

once again, no. just some noise when turning.

LilRhodyXJ said:
will lock right in the front effect anything when in 2wd like wikll i have sick wheel hop or something

Absolutely not. You might notice or hear it when you make a sharp turn, but other than that you shouldn't really notice it atl al. Lockers have to have power to them in order for them to work, and in 2wd the front isn't get any power.

it can turn some heads in tight parking spots.

lol well i already have that issue parking at school... its inb the city so everyone has ricers and cute utes and i drive in and park my jeep with sawzalled fenders and big tires and people stop and stare...

LilRhodyXJ said:
sorry i didnt mean to ask that question i was thinking of two things at once.. what i meant to ask was how bad are the noises?

F**king unnerving until you get used to them. I've had friends jump a couple of inches in there seats and asks, 'WTF did you break?!'

LilRhodyXJ said:
haha keep them on their toes!!! how does the lockrite perform off road? if i have open in the back and the lockrite in the front will i notice a diff offroad wise?
Huge difference. I had a locked front for a long time before locking the rear.

cool im going to order one of those for the front then instead of the no-slip in the rear because i drive an hour each way to school and in the winter i wouldnt be able to deal with my locker trying to blow me out sideways...

thanks for all the help guys i've learned a lot... if anybody has any thing else to add feel free..

I have the power trax no slip locker just in the rear and it works excellent off road and is completely bearable on road. Your tires squeal when you accelerate on a turn, it's really not a big deal. It kind of feels like there's alot of power back there all the time.

I may be a little late on this post, but i thought i'd throw in my two cents worth. I have the powertrax in my 99 cherokee with the 8.25 in the rear. I love it off road and yea, uwharrie is mostly doable in 2wd. my only complaints are that mine makes a very loud clunking noise sometimes when on the road. usually when in a parking lot or backing out of my driveway. Its really loud, it will scare the crap out of anyone in the jeep and yea, everyone asks me what did i just break. I called powertrax about this and they said to try some lucas oil treatment and see what that does about the noise. good luck

Back