• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Potential Chapter Logo

assuming a logo won't be chosen before the first official meeting, i hope to offer up something for consideration (probably next week)...

well with all my free time I could play around with a few logo ideas.

are there any size issues we need to deal with. will this be something we might have as a chapter sticker for the jeeps aswell. just looking at what all we want or plan to do with this logo.

JohnJohn is correct - I used to be a design instructor at the Art Institute in Houston as well as owning my own creative agency for ten years. There should be no gradients or photo-type shading in a logo in keeping with the KISS principle. A good logo should work as well in black & white as it does in color, and should work at a billboard or pencil size. Initial thumbnails and comps should be created in b/w first and go for a quantity of rough initial concepts before working out details. Line art and simple common block text is best, and for second stage high-comp work, choose about a 3-4" radius or square. That size can be both enlarged and reduced with great results and would be a good sticker size. As far as themes, a simple mountain range, grill, or xj sillouette would work best. Beyond the CO-XJ and CO4x4 logos and shirt designs, I have the next generation CO-XJ logo designed and sketched up somewhere, but don't want to infringe on any creative efforts from the group here. Aaron

here is my submission... (i also believe in keep it simple):

chapterlogo.jpg

terry

see you tomorrow! (i'll bring a hard copy, as i'm still tweaking it a bit)

I like that exaggerated hotrod cartoon xj style you posted a link to - could our own version be incorporated into a simple oval border like Terry had without all the words maybe?

I did the original SoCAL-XJ list logo - it was a reject from our CO-XJ logo that I adapted to SoCAL and gave them...:) Aaron

Back