• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Post Moab Upgrades...a.k.a. I got a lot to do!

I'm out in Borrego Springs and can help you out.
I believe we have everything in the garage for you build up.
Lift, welder, cutters, benders, brew, etc.
Let me know if you want to come on out here, the weather has been
perfect!

Rick

Congrats again Colt. I just happened to be watching your wife's face when she gasped in recognition of the winning number. It was a precious moment and I'm only sorry that I didn't capture it with a camera.

Thanks Andy- yeah she was pretty excited when they were calling the numbers. I was sort of dozing off at the table after my self-inflicted food coma. I'm glad some of the Socal/Southwestern XJ guys could be there with me to share in that kind of thing.

I'm out in Borrego Springs and can help you out.
I believe we have everything in the garage for you build up.
Lift, welder, cutters, benders, brew, etc.
Let me know if you want to come on out here, the weather has been
perfect!

Rick

I sent you a PM. Lift party at your place would seem like the way to go.

Were in SD are you?

I have never welded to a unibody, but I weld all day at work so I am sure I could do something for ya, if nothing else I can grind and use a torch.

I have quite a bit of hand tools, which I have used to do an axle swap and lifted my zj completely by myself.

Just let me know when and where and if its SD I will make plans to help!

Congrats on winning the kit, sounds like you deserved it!!!

Thanks for the congrats and the welding offer. If I end up rolling out to Rick's place, I could definitely use extra sets of hands for the install. I will provide tasty beverages and food for all involved.

mega lift party weekend at Ricks place!

Yes Grimm- this is becoming the vision I think and as soon as I get all of the parts in, I will be ready to rock and roll. I just have to find an SYE and some 35's. Oh and possibly a D44 for the rear. Still debating on whether or not to keep the 8.25 and upgrade it to 29 spline shafts or swap out the whole thing for the D44. decisions, decisions:helpme:

As soon as you know a date and a set location, let us know.

I am pretty busy so I gotta know in advance...

I look forward to trying to help!

Yes Grimm- this is becoming the vision I think and as soon as I get all of the parts in, I will be ready to rock and roll. I just have to find an SYE and some 35's. Oh and possibly a D44 for the rear. Still debating on whether or not to keep the 8.25 and upgrade it to 29 spline shafts or swap out the whole thing for the D44. decisions, decisions:helpme:

I wouldn't run an 8.25 with 35's. Just personally at least, from what I've heard.

As soon as you know a date and a set location, let us know.

I am pretty busy so I gotta know in advance...

I look forward to trying to help!

Sounds good- as soon as the lift gets in, I will let the Socal Chapter know- all those that want to help can show up and of course, the more the merrier (also the faster the lift gets put on!)

Hell yea lift at Ricks!!!

Then we can wheel at TH afterwards!

That sounds like a great plan. Good way to flex out the new setup a bit.

I wouldn't run an 8.25 with 35's. Just personally at least, from what I've heard.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going hunting for a D44 at the yards this weekend. I hope I have some luck.:yelclap:

Colt,

Glad to hear that your drive home was far better than the drive there....
Wanted to caravan with you and Gabby, but I had no way to let you know my brother and I were leaving EARLY (while it was still dark) to ensure we arrived in Las Vegas in time for his flight...

When you and Rick figure out the details about your lift party.... I am offering my assistance to help install the lift....

Charles

Still debating on whether or not to keep the 8.25 and upgrade it to 29 spline shafts or swap out the whole thing for the D44. decisions, decisions:helpme:

If you are thinking of changing the rear axle, IMO the F8.8 is the best bang for the buck. That's what I would do if swapping them out - oh wait that is what I do on every XJ/ZJ we build... :D

Here's a few teaser shots for you from the Golden Crack. Drove through in both directions OPEN / OPEN. No lockers needed when you can keep the tires on the ground.

Congrats again.

Bob

DSC00962a.jpg DSC00966a.jpg

Colt,

Glad to hear that your drive home was far better than the drive there....
Wanted to caravan with you and Gabby, but I had no way to let you know my brother and I were leaving EARLY (while it was still dark) to ensure we arrived in Las Vegas in time for his flight...

When you and Rick figure out the details about your lift party.... I am offering my assistance to help install the lift....

Charles

We left out at 6 on the dot, so I understand- It would be great if you can make it out for the lift party- I'll keep all of you posted on when things get in.

If you are thinking of changing the rear axle, IMO the F8.8 is the best bang for the buck. That's what I would do if swapping them out - oh wait that is what I do on every XJ/ZJ we build... :D

Here's a few teaser shots for you from the Golden Crack. Drove through in both directions OPEN / OPEN. No lockers needed when you can keep the tires on the ground.

Congrats again.

Bob

Bob- I'm still trying to decide which route to go. I want this setup to be strong so a D44 or 8.8 would probably be up there on the list. I'm not a big fan of 8.8's due to the fact that that they are still c-clip. I'm still doing my research on this and will keep you and your shop posted on which route I take so you can punch out the right parts.

I really appreciate you giving the XJ community an awesome prize like that and I'm really itching to get that lift on and go wheel- my wife is already trying to plan some wheeling trips and she wants to drive the jeep when it is set up.:loveu: Gotta love a woman who wants to wheel.

The party's over any Updates? I wanna see some build sheets

The party's over any Updates? I wanna see some build sheets

I'm still trying to get some people together to get this thing rolling. I just recieved my new wheels yesterday and my KM2's are on back-order:flamemad:

Oh well, just more time to get the axles re-geared.

I definitely wouldn't mind coming down to help. Or at least stand around and point at stuff in a meaningful manner. Sounds like an awesome setup, I'm amazed they gave away something that size. Props to T&T!

I'm still waiting on my BFG KM2's- it will more than likely be another 3 weeks before they are here. :flamemad:

I have some Brown Dog Motor Mounts on order as well. I need to figure out where to order my AA SYE from and then pursue a new rear driveshaft as well.

The waiting is killing me.

Back