• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

popping off the bead for balance bead install....

You do it just like this.

IMG_5232.JPG

You can reseat the bead with a 12v electric compressor, it just takes a littel jiggling around to get it to seat initially. Watch your fingers.

There is no beaking the bead 'just a little bit'. When it lets loose, it lets loose all at once.

That's exactly what I did before when I had Trxus MT's. Instead I used the front end of the jeep cuz it was heavier and it lifted it right off the ground. I had the base of the jack right against the wheel edge too. The bead was REALLY on there.

I tried the rachet strap around it while airing it up and nothing worked. The air would just come out of it where the tire was off the wheel. It's like you have to really push down on it while you air it up and I just couldn't get it to work.

I'm just gonna take it to a shop.

to get the bead to seat again, if you're having a hard time with it you can bolt it back onto the jeep, and you (and another buddy if needed) can push on the sidewall, in order to help the bead reseat on the inner part of the wheel. Another option is to set the wheel on a 5gal bucket and push the sidewall...

Back