• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pontiac ws6 Transam

Elguapo

NAXJA Forum User
I consolidated and sold my cars within a month.
Meet Buff
I tracked down my highschool dream. A black Pontiac transam ws6. This car to me is the most intimidating looking car ever made.
She came with a laundry list of maintenance done by a GM mechanic owner. This is a 2 owner car and incredibly clean inside and under the hood.
There was fading paint and dings here and there. I decided to paint the complete car to have every panel match and perfect paint.

She should be back in a week or 2, and a lot of hard work has already been done by the body shop.
When she gets home a few boxes are waiting for her. lowering springs/ shocks-struts, long tube headers, y pipe, intake lid and filter, a hp tuners tune by my buddy and I . I'm still trying to track down a ls6 intake manifold debating on wheels/ tires.

Nice to see your vehicular ADD is still on fire Anthony!

The WS6 is indeed a car worthy of all this fuss. Gonna be sick when it's all fixed up! What year? '02? Stick or auto?

My old man still can't seem to let go of his '95 LT1 Formula Tran Am.....

IMG_20150626_184011324_zpsd7lbpcn8.jpg

So, what vehicles are you down to now?

Last edited:
Just spent some time looking at those paint prep photos. Those guys know how to do it right. LOTS of time spent to keep the paint from getting where it SHOULDN'T go. Nothing irritates me more than over spray. I love seeing all the parts removed for individual painting too.

Years back when I had Heep II painted...... I made the mistake of painting all my axles, steering and other suspension parts before sending it to MAAACO. The damn thing looked like they dipped it in yellow paint. Totally destroyed all my earlier detail work underneath. They didn't cover the hood vent holes so the air box and battery got painted and everything under hood got a yellow dusting. The door windows were rolled down, but door panels off. The glass got painted. No bueno.

What's the name of the shop you're using?

She's a 1998.
Thank you for the kind words. Your dads chicken is pretty badass!
She's an automatic. I specifically wanted black with auto and ws6
I'm down to a Subaru Outback and this this chicken.
I have been playing around with the idea of a p71 turned into a cruiser/ track day car. I just can't bring myself to buy a Miata (or anything European again) and a crown Victoria would be pretty cool. I love big cars

Last edited:
I hear you're driving this thing now....... come awn man! Pics!!!!

Got to give the people what they want.
The car has been lowered using new springs/shocks,struts.
I've not posted much because the wheels require a good steel wool and polish.
More to come

Looks great. I'm guessing that paint cost a pretty penny, because it was definitely done right. Wheels are easy, just a lot of elbow grease. It'll look awesome. These are the next collectors cars.

Yep. Looking amazing!

One wheel at a time. I wish I would have read about removing the clear coat from these wheels with chemicals before I got after it with steel wool and sweat.
Haha/ a little easier

Got some headers and any pipe thrown on. Car feels much better after removing the tq management and tractions control. Hp tuners is de chit.
Hoping to get the car to pmi before it closes. I'm thinking this will run 13s with the intake and exhaust and tuning the air/fuel-timing at the track.

The new pipes sound better
https://youtu.be/LLNpq8htkj8

The sound from an LS engine with a good exhaust....... awesome.

I played that video 4 times..... :D

Hell ya. She sounds healthy. Good blend of raspy and throaty with some of those lovely exhaust popping sounds after wide open throttle pulls.
Short list left for the car from original goals
02 Wideband for tuning
Instal Transmission cooler upgrade
Instal radio
Polish paint
Finish polishing wheels

My Dad has a Black Ws6 sitting in the garage ...lol...still has the origional tires on it from when purchased new in 2000 .I think it has maybe 15,000 miles on the odometer it has always been garage kept and looks showroom new ...lol...it has only moved from garage to driveway every month to it run the last few years.

My Dad has a Black Ws6 sitting in the garage ...lol...still has the origional tires on it from when purchased new in 2000 .I think it has maybe 15,000 miles on the odometer it has always been garage kept and looks showroom new ...lol...it has only moved from garage to driveway every month to it run the last few years.

That's pretty damn cool.
Man/ get it out and running!

Back